Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default pushpins on i5 maps

How do you remove pushpins and delete 'current locations' within Apple Maps.
    I do realize the problems concerning this app and if this has been answered already, excuse me.

Another question. Is it best for me, if I want voice directions from Siri, to just ask for directions' via transit' and go ahead and use Google Maps?

Thanks for any replies.
    iMore Genius

20,842 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,723 Global Posts

Default Re: pushpins on i5 maps

Do you mean a purple, dropped pin? Those you tap the right side of it's balloon, the blue circle with the > in it... and then hit "remove pin".

Other red pins, you clear whatever is in the search box... bookmarks can be edited with the bookmarks button, top right on the window... then you can edit bookmarks using the bottom button, or recents, or bring up contacts... the recents button will allow you to clear those with the button near the top left...

If you want to use the native maps turn by turn, it's not that difficult to learn to use - either use the contacts screen to select a contact to navigate to... or the bookmarks screen to use a previously saved bookmark, or hit the arrow button on the left end of the search window and enter an address, or paste something you've searched. All very simple to do...
    mikebl likes this.