Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default Viber

I had Viber on my phone for 6 months, no problems- then it just kept displaying a blank screen. Have uninstalled and tried to reinstall 3 times but all I get is the icon and "waiting" and it just will not load from iTunes- any ideas. Thanks
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Default Re: Viber

Hi there!
    This is a member of the Viber Team. I'm here to help.

Please provide us with the following details:
    - your device model
    - Viber version
    - device is JB yes/no

Thanks,
    Viber Team
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Got Viber few days ago, works fine with texting but can not call to anybody.(( do you know, what is the problem?
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Hi,

What device are you using? What error message exactly do you see when trying to call through Viber?
    iPhone Newbie

I think Viber should have the ability to show which contact is online (either 3G or Wifi) and reachable via Viber itself..
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidhumeet0 View Post
    I think Viber should have the ability to show which contact is online (either 3G or Wifi) and reachable via Viber itself..

When you use Viber, you can tell indirectly if your contact is online as follows:

When you make a Viber call, you will first see "Calling". It will change to "Ringing" if your contact is online and their phone is literally ringing.
    When you send a message, "Delivered" means the message has been received on the other side's phone (they're online). If you only see "Sent", it means it's been sent from you, but pending the other side to come online (they're offline at the moment). So, if messages remain at "Sent" and do not become "Delivered", you might want to check with your destination contact whether or not they are connected to the internet.

In the future we might add an "Online" status message, but we still don't know when this will happen.
    iPhone Newbie

Thanks allot i was searching for it on google....
    thnkxx again...
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidhumeet0 View Post
    Thanks allot i was searching for it on google....
    thnkxx again...
    Our pleasure to help
    Enjoy Viber!
    iPhone Nanite

I had the same issue - iphone 5/ios6.1 JB - for me it was a conflict with 3G Unrestrictor - I removed Viber from settings for 3G Unrestrictor and that solved the problem
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,509 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

so do you have to use your phone # to use Viber?

if so, i do not see the point vs typical SMS
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK View Post
    so do you have to use your phone # to use Viber?

if so, i do not see the point vs typical SMS
    Viber uses your real number as your Viber ID. Viber allows you to send messages (including photos, locations, etc.) and call for free, and it can be anywhere in the world, as long as you are connected to the internet.
    iPhone Nanite

Hi, i have just got viber and everytime i call or text it says 'problem connecting to viber network, check connectivity' however i am connected to the internet already! I am using iphone 5 and had latest issue of viber! Please help!!!
    iPhone Nanite

Facing too many issues while using Viber. Now, I switched to "Tango", it is really cool.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Mclean Smith View Post
    Hi, i have just got viber and everytime i call or text it says 'problem connecting to viber network, check connectivity' however i am connected to the internet already! I am using iphone 5 and had latest issue of viber! Please help!!!
    Hi,

It could be that the network you are connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
    2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled ("forwarded") on your routers or firewalls:
    TCP: 5242 + 4244
    UDP: 5243 + 9785

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer)
    iPhone Nanite

why cant i call in viber using my ipod touch 2g ios 4.1 viber version 2.2.0

when i try to call someone the calling icon will appear but it will shut down immediately.
    help please..
    iMore Nanite

How i can intall viber
    iMore Nanite

Hi iam not getting my acces code by sms nor by call plz help
    iMore Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by Viber View Post
    Hi there!
    This is a member of the Viber Team. I'm here to help.

Please provide us with the following details:
    - your device model
    - Viber version
    - device is JB yes/no

Thanks,
    Viber Team
    iMore Nanite

Question: if I add a contact and viber syncs with my contacts, if the other party does not have my number in their viber will the app let them know that I have them on my contact list?
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

@samo12345 -

Please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options). You may also try to register to Viber through a few different WiFi networks.

In addition, you may try to register to Viber with a different number (for example - your home landline number, a friend's number, etc.), in order to determine whether the problem is specific with your number, or a general one.

* If it still fails, please specify what country you're located in, and which cellular network you are subscribed to.

@CUCDR -

Viber notifies you of a new contact who installed Viber only if that contact is saved on your (phone's) addressbook.
    iMore Nanite

I don't think you understand I don't want them to know I have added them so my number is not in their contacts list will they be notified if I add them to my viber
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CUCDR View Post
    I don't think you understand I don't want them to know I have added them so my number is not in their contacts list will they be notified if I add them to my viber
    Viber users can never know if you did or did not add them to YOUR contact list. It doesn't have to do with the "Joined" notification. So you shouldn't worry about it
    iMore Nanite

Thanks
    Thanked by:
    Viber (11-08-2013)
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Hi,

We are excited and proud to announce that we have just released a major new update to our mobile application: Viber 4.0!

What's new in the new version?

- Choose from over 1,000 stickers in the brand new Sticker Market. The Sticker Market features endless possibilities for brightening up your conversations. Download themed sticker packages and enjoy the party!
    - Push-to-talk voice messaging. Send messages instantly with the new push-to-talk feature that streams your voice message as you record it.
    - (Android only) Supported tablet compatibility. Viber is now fully compatible with your tablet device(s). Enjoy quality conversations, wherever is most comfortable for you!
    - Group capacity increased to 100 members. Whether you want to share with your nearest and dearest or just send a message to a large group of people, Viber groups let you get in touch with even more people, all in one place.
    - Beautiful conversation backgrounds in the new background gallery. Choose elegant backgrounds to decorate your conversations from our new collection, designed by our very own Viber artists.
    - Forward messages to your groups. Sharing is caring. The popular feature for contacts is now also available for all groups!

As usual, we will be right here to receive your thoughts and feedback. If anyone encounters any problems or would like to share their experiences from our new update, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
    the Viber Team.
    iMore Nanite

I have iPad mini
    Viber version 4.1.1
    What is JB?