Tapatalk 2 App

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
If you want to quote multiple posts via the Tapatalk 2 app, do the following:

1. Tap on the initial post you want to quote to highlight it.
2. Select the dark double quote icon at the bottom of the screen. (2nd icon from the left)
3. Select any other post you want to include.
4. Select the white double quote icon in the upper left corner of the screen.

Well I'm either blind or there's the first difference between the two apps. I tried what you just said for multiple quotes, but I see no "dark double quote" icon at the bottom of the screen, the second icon from the left for me is the "favorite" icon. The only workaround I see is to quote one and copy the other as with the old app

Can you please post a screenshot just to make sure? here's mine...
buje4esy.jpg

If indeed that's a difference it would be good for T1 users to post any difference they find so we learn our way around this update.

Kale58

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Well I'm either blind or there's the first difference between the two apps. I tried what you just said for multiple quotes, but I see no "dark double quote" icon at the bottom of the screen, the second icon from the left for me is the "favorite" icon. The only workaround I see is to quote one and copy the other as with the old app

Can you please post a screenshot just to make sure? here's mine...http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/17/buje4esy.jpg

If indeed that's a difference it would be good for T1 users to post any difference they find so we learn our way around this update.

You're not blind. As a T1 to T2 upgrader I'm seeing the same as you...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Can you please post a screenshot just to make sure? here's mine...http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/17/buje4esy.jpg

(Laughing)...You're not blind, my friend. Before responding to your post, I re-installed the new Tapatalk app and although you can quote a post, you cannot multi-quote like you can with Tapatalk 2. That option appears to be missing at this time. I've attached a screenshot of the feature from the Tapatalk 2 app.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21376703101.475299.jpg

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Kinda wish I would have waited like 2 weeks to buy version 2 lol I well maybe there will be a big update for version 2 like someone said. If not then it doesn't matter anyway cause I like version 2.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk 2

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
(Laughing)...You're not blind, my friend. Before responding to your post, I re-installed the new Tapatalk app and although you can quote a post, you cannot multi-quote like you can with Tapatalk 2. That option appears to be missing at this time. I've attached a screenshot of the feature from the Tapatalk 2 app.

View attachment 36606

Phew! 😅 Glad I'm not (that) blind, I can go pick up my glasses from the trash can now lol.

Thanks for clearing that out :)

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Just to help clear any doubts, people even though T1 had a major update it is STILL v1 and it may look similar, but it is DIFFERENT from T2.

We just found one difference, but I'm sure there must be other differences, which is only fair considering T2 costs a lot more than T1 (which has also gone free now).

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Well on that note I like how much cleaner the app is but the sliding screens is weird navigationally. Honestly, the old app was weird too, this is much better.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well on that note I like how much cleaner the app is but the sliding screens is weird navigationally. Honestly, the old app was weird too, this is much better.

It's just different from what you're used to. I felt the same way to a degree, but now that I'm used to it, it is hard for me to revert back to the old style.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Figures I just dropped $4 on T2 two days ago lol.

I loathe T2 so before I update T1, can someone tell me, does each thread in T1 still show how many minutes ago the most recent comment was made? In T2, any threads I had participated in show a star instead of how long ago the last comment was made and I HATE that.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Figures I just dropped $4 on T2 two days ago lol.

I loathe T2 so before I update T1, can someone tell me, does each thread in T1 still show how many minutes ago the most recent comment was made? In T2, any threads I had participated in show a star instead of how long ago the last comment was made and I HATE that.

I'm using T2 and the minutes display on everything including threads I've participated in. See the attached screenshot.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21376708061.592235.jpg

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Check this out D. If I'm in an actual sub forum like 'iPhone 5s', the stars block out or override the time. I don't like that cause the times help me see if anything is likely new.
zeqydype.jpg

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
So Tapatalk 2 and the updated Tapatalk 1 have the same icon now?

I am confused. Lol

Sent From My iPhone 5 Using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Check this out D. If I'm in an actual sub forum like 'iPhone 5s', the stars block out or override the time. I don't like that cause the times help me see if anything is likely new. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/17/zeqydype.jpg

Oh, I see. You're referring to your subscribed threads/posts that the stars represent. I merely select the "unread" option to see what the latest posts are as well as have notifications set to alert me for various things. Anyway, I'm getting ready to wind down for the night. Take care and enjoy the rest of your evening. ;)

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
As for the app becoming free, I'm a bit peeved that I paid for this app and it becomes free now. I bet you they will get rid of the current paid for version in the near future. I do like the new look though.