Let your friends know what you are up to via single click with sMoods app

Comboapp

Oct 22, 2010
marketing.comboapp.com
Picture this - you're sitting in a dorm room, you have like an hour or so to hang out with your buddies, what do you do? We know what yo thinking - Facebook, but there is even more elegant solution that does not even "think" about touching your privacy - meet sMoods iOS app for your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch -

[URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/smoods/id501928223?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]http://bit.ly/VVRVI3[/URL]!

Features:

-sMoods does not require any personal details
-You can individually decide with whom to share which mood
-Moods are only shared if both parties agree
-You can register with any email address you are sharing with your friends

25275d1358184583-let-your-friends-know-what-you-up-via-single-click-smoods-mzl.tiqeuhrn.320x480-75.jpg

getdamned

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
One thing that could be a bit troublesome is that the website, when you go to login, asks for your username and your password. In the registration on the phone, you enter a username, your email and your password.

Though on the site it asks for your USERNAME as credentials, it actually will only accept your EMAIL. At least for me. Just a head's up for anyone wanting to try this. One review complained that they never got an email for the registration-- make sure you read and accept the terms and conditions as it tells you to. I don't know if this had anything to do with that, but it says right there to make sure you hit the button to read them and be sure to accept them BEFORE hitting register. Some people just can't seem to follow simple directions. As said, I have no idea if this could be a reason why it did not send an email or if they just couldn't find it-- but I literally received the activation email instantly.

Just some pointers if anyone runs into an issue. The app did crash on me within a minute of messing around with it... but I'm not here to write a review.

Comboapp

Oct 22, 2010
marketing.comboapp.com
One thing that could be a bit troublesome is that the website, when you go to login, asks for your username and your password. In the registration on the phone, you enter a username, your email and your password.

Though on the site it asks for your USERNAME as credentials, it actually will only accept your EMAIL. At least for me. Just a head's up for anyone wanting to try this. One review complained that they never got an email for the registration-- make sure you read and accept the terms and conditions as it tells you to. I don't know if this had anything to do with that, but it says right there to make sure you hit the button to read them and be sure to accept them BEFORE hitting register. Some people just can't seem to follow simple directions. As said, I have no idea if this could be a reason why it did not send an email or if they just couldn't find it-- but I literally received the activation email instantly.

Just some pointers if anyone runs into an issue. The app did crash on me within a minute of messing around with it... but I'm not here to write a review.

Thank you for the feedback! All the details are written in Terms and Conditions, but we have to face the fact that not each person takes their time to read them, so it might make sense to unite username and email in the registration form at the web-site.

getdamned

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the feedback! All the details are written in Terms and Conditions, but we have to face the fact that not each person takes their time to read them, so it might make sense to unite username and email in the registration form at the web-site.

Lol. You busted me. I read the instructions that told me to read the terms and conditions and approve of them before registering-- in reality, I opened them, then hit approve, as I imagine 95% of ppl do. After being subjected to these formal legal expositions, especially to the effect of what is Apple's up to? 65+ pages? Really... it's a given that no one is going to take the time to read all of that legal jargon... Indemnification clauses, this and that-- realizing that even if we did read every last word, very few of us would understand every last implication? and if it came to the point of legal contention, lawyers are surely going to find a way to screw me if need be, lol. Reading the listless potential ways that they could go about this screwing is of little concern.

I suppose most of us feel we can presume and infer what said terms and conditions will suggest...

- they provide a voluntary service that is subject to termination at their discretion

- the terms and conditions are subject to change at any point, without notice (I've always wondered in that? what's the point of defining concrete terms, if they can just be arbitrarily redefined? That's like the equivalent of saying: "This statement is true... unless I decide that it's not. In that case, the former statement will no longer be true." Whaaaat? Lol...)

- if something screws up we cannot be held liable for any damages incurred

- we cannot be held liable for any damages you cause to third parties while using our service

- any personal information you supply to us is ours

- you are responsible for using the service in the intended manner, and any misuse or abuse of the service is all you, and we have the right to pursue legal action against you at our discretion

- if you try and screw us in any way, we will screw you 10x harder, and we'll make sure you become some fellow's "male girlfriend" and that he hits a home run after making you stop at all the bases on your way there.

Lol. I should have pursued a career in law. I winged that a bit, but that's what most of them say in some similar display of eloquent rhetoric, as I've seen.

In summary, I think you were very generous in your exclusionary phrasing: "not each person". I'll be a bit more poignant and play the cynic if I must, and restate that as "on average, only about 1 in every 100,000 people instructed to do so will read any portion of the terms and conditions/EULA, whatsoever".

Myself included? it has become a conditioned subconscious dismissal to most every one of us.

So, yes; I trust that the most likely result will be that no matter what the label *asks* for, be it username or email; there will inherently be a substantial percentage of users who will repeatedly attempt to login using the opposite credential of the one that is asked for... until they lock themselves out of the account, lol. Thus, if we employ Ockham's razor, the simplest, most forgiving and practical implementation on the server-side auth would be to accept either/or and be done with it.

Though, in my defense that my greatest crime was not reading the entirety of the terms and conditions... NOT being a total idiot, since the label did explicitly ask for the username (which exists separate from the email), but rejected the username-- only authenticating when the email was entered instead. :)

Not implying the site was a complete failure, lol... but more precisely, implying that *I* am not a complete failure...

Just a partial one. Not quite a MASSIVE FAIL, but more so a MINIATURE FAIL.

Comboapp

Oct 22, 2010
marketing.comboapp.com
The Terms and Conditions mentioned in this app are the basic ones that one would be offered to read while signing up for any other app.

Yes, users are asked for a lot. Still, you should understand that there is a reason.

Only you decide if you want to give it a try - it must be a personal decision and the app developers respect you by sharing all the details beforehand. It is not only in the IT world - these Terms and Conditions are with us on each step..And we would better not avoid them, but learn how to use that.

Hope you made it into the app and enjoyed it :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73