ipad 3 and skype -- No video

ipad 3 Help please

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
When I try to make a video call to someone else on Skype, a connection is made. But, regarding the video feature, I get an indication that Skype is trying to "initiate video camera" or, all that I can see is the avatar of the person on the other end. The audio works but no video. They can see me but I can't see them. Is there a setting that I have to change on my ipad 3 so I can see the person that I am trying to contact?

ipad 3 Help please

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
The other person is all good to go on their end. They are successful in calling other Skype contacts. I am fairly certain that the problem is in how Skype is set up on my ipad 3. I cannot find any way to adjust any camera settings in Skype. I thought of uninstalling Skype and doing a re-install but I guess that is impossible on an ipad 3.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Weird. I've never had a problem with it, although sometimes you have to start the video manually.

NPBeck79

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I cannot think of a solution other than deleting the app completely and reinstalling it. And I don't even know whether this will work at all... I have never heard of a similar problem with Skype. Works fine in my iPad 3...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234