Best Checkbook App?

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi all!

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good checkbook application? I have become a little to lax with balancing my checkbook lately. I think if I had something on my phone, I'd be a little more active with recording my debit transactions.

Thanks!

RayHollister

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I've been using ClearCheckbook since I installed it on my Palm Pre. It's great, in concept. It works on iOS, Android, webOS, and on the web. However, it doesn't work offline well. I've been looking for something to replace it, but I haven't found anything yet.

RayHollister

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I've begrudgingly switched to Mint. It's annoying that you there is no easy, concise way to reconcile your account. Also, there's a problem with my bank where today's balance gets pulled, but today's transactions do not get pulled. So, my remaining balance is often off by hundreds of dollars.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you simply thought to see if your bank has a Mobile banking App like I have Bank Of America and almost all banking apps have this feature and then some including taking a shot at a check and make a deposit, transfer money, Pay bills and much more. Give it a try and see if that will work for you, i use mine all the time and never have to go to the bank anymore. Good luck with your search and welcome to iMore. :)

RayHollister

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
My bank has a mobile app, but it is horrible. It's basically nothing but a web wrapper. Also, you really can't manage a checkbook in a bank app. It seems like nobody keeps a checkbook register anymore.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
My bank has a mobile app, but it is horrible. It's basically nothing but a web wrapper. Also, you really can't manage a checkbook in a bank app. It seems like nobody keeps a checkbook register anymore.
I use a written checkbook register along with my banking app and Quicken and these 3 items for the desktop, Portable for my Phone and written out on the register. Works for me.

jryankennedy

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
If you're looking for a simple checkbook app, I just submitted one to the app store last week. It's called Balance and it's free! :)

Promo.png

Last edited by a moderator: