Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iceage2609's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    10 Posts

    Default Task app like reminders

    I am using the reminders App since the beggining of it. It's great, i use it every day and combined with intelliscreenX is even better.
    I have tried in the past some task Apps and lately Clear and just yesterday i bought Finish App. It's a nice App,smooth and clear with nice interface but no time based tasks.
    Do you know if there is such an app out there or it's restricted from Apple or something like that to integrate this feature ? ( I mean like fantastical team wrote down about the same feature for their MacOsX app )
    You think that if reminders app suit me it's better to stay with that as far as i have my work done without any problems as i am doing till now ?
    Thanks in advance


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. #2  
    ThePinkChameleon's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,452 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,197 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    8.0.2

    Default Re: Task app like reminders

    Quote Originally Posted by iceage2609 View Post
    I am using the reminders App since the beggining of it. It's great, i use it every day and combined with intelliscreenX is even better.
    I have tried in the past some task Apps and lately Clear and just yesterday i bought Finish App. It's a nice App,smooth and clear with nice interface but no time based tasks.
    Do you know if there is such an app out there or it's restricted from Apple or something like that to integrate this feature ? ( I mean like fantastical team wrote down about the same feature for their MacOsX app )
    You think that if reminders app suit me it's better to stay with that as far as i have my work done without any problems as i am doing till now ?
    Thanks in advance


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As far as apps like the stock iOS Reminders, I also use in addition to that an app called "Checkmark" It has time based reminders, as well as location based reminders. I really like this one. I've also used one called "Task" which is just time based reminders. looks similar to Clear the way its set up, and keeps your tasks seperated by day. I also enjoyed using that one. The reason I chose Checkmark over that is because I like using the location based reminders often, and there was no need to keep 2 apps when Checkmark does both time & location, where as Task didnt.

    Here's the like to both so you can check them out. Keep in mind there are sooooo many task/to-do time based apps you could drive yourself crazy finding the perfect one lol.

    Checkmark: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chec...0l3Vy&ct=vb_im
    this one is a bit on the expensive side now ($4.99) I think when i purchased it when it was first released, it was either avail for 99c or $1.99 at the time. don't remember.

    Task: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/task...0l3Vy&ct=vb_im (free for today)

    good luck!
    iHeartMyPINKalicious5C~iPadAir~MBPretina
    *drink that Kool-Aid, follow my lead. now you're one of us, you're coming with me*
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iceage2609's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    10 Posts

    Default Task app like reminders

    Thank you very very much pink. Task seems great,with simple and beautiful interface and yes similar to "clear" which is not bad at all.
    Also it's free today as you have already said !!!
    No location reminders but i can deal with that contrary to 4.49 of checkmark which by the way seems good,i guess with more and better settings but with a more complicate interface in my opinion.
    Task is just fine for the time. If "Finish" app add that too i will think about it then.
    Needless to say that when you are trying to find a good Task App you are really going mad!!! Indeed there are so so many of them.
    Thanks for your help and sorry for my English, i know there are not great because i am not a native speaker but judging from the answer you got my message and me yours :-)
    Cheers


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. #4  
    ThePinkChameleon's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,452 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,197 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    8.0.2

    Default Re: Task app like reminders

    Quote Originally Posted by iceage2609 View Post
    Thank you very very much pink. Task seems great,with simple and beautiful interface and yes similar to "clear" which is not bad at all.
    Also it's free today as you have already said !!!
    No location reminders but i can deal with that contrary to 4.49€ of checkmark which by the way seems good,i guess with more and better settings but with a more complicate interface in my opinion.
    Task is just fine for the time. If "Finish" app add that too i will think about it then.
    Needless to say that when you are trying to find a good Task App you are really going mad!!! Indeed there are so so many of them.
    Thanks for your help and sorry for my English, i know there are not great because i am not a native speaker but judging from the answer you got my message and me yours :-)
    Cheers


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yvw for the help iceage enjoy Task, it is a neat little reminder app. Also, i did purchase "Finish" as well. I use it to keep up on important calls i need to make, as well as using it for paying bills
    iHeartMyPINKalicious5C~iPadAir~MBPretina
    *drink that Kool-Aid, follow my lead. now you're one of us, you're coming with me*
  5. #5  
    thejasonhowell's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    94 Posts
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.1.2

    Default Task app like reminders

    I love any.do
  6. #6  
    seashell93's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,614 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 :)

    Default Task app like reminders

    Any.do is great, my husband loves it now too and he's a *sshhh* Droid user. I like it too, but now Finish has been a great addition to my productivity repertoire!
    "Sometimes its not the song that makes you emotional. It's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it."
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iceage2609's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    10 Posts

    Default Task app like reminders

    Quote Originally Posted by seashell93 View Post
    Any.do is great, my husband loves it now too and he's a *sshhh* Droid user. I like it too, but now Finish has been a great addition to my productivity repertoire!
    Finish is great indeed but i don't want to use 2 apps to have my work down.

    Finish is lovely as task manager but without alerts is incomplete in my opinion.If they add alerts i will use it everyday.

    Wisely you will reply that task App is one thing and Reminders is another.Fair enough but you know the combination of those would be great.

    I have just downloaded AnyDo. It's very good indeed.
    I like Task more due to it's interface, i can use it easily with one hand on the road to set a task.

    AnyDo has more functions-local reminders-folders and voice note ( not greek unfortunately but ok ) and the UI is very good.

    Come on guys stop that :-) Don't bring up any other Task Apps.I have just decided, have mercy on me,i am confused again hahaha :-)

    P.S : intelliscreenx+Reminders is truly great,maybe the best combination but i would like an non-jb way out to this.


    Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD
  8. #8  
    seashell93's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,614 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 :)

    Default Task app like reminders

    Quote Originally Posted by iceage2609 View Post
    Finish is great indeed but i don't want to use 2 apps to have my work down.

    Finish is lovely as task manager but without alerts is incomplete in my opinion.If they add alerts i will use it everyday.

    Wisely you will reply that task App is one thing and Reminders is another.Fair enough but you know the combination of those would be great.

    I have just downloaded AnyDo. It's very good indeed.
    I like Task more due to it's interface, i can use it easily with one hand on the road to set a task.

    AnyDo has more functions-local reminders-folders and voice note ( not greek unfortunately but ok ) and the UI is very good.

    Come on guys stop that :-) Don't bring up any other Task Apps.I have just decided, have mercy on me,i am confused again hahaha :-)

    P.S : intelliscreenx+Reminders is truly great,maybe the best combination but i would like an non-jb way out to this.


    Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD
    Nice points! I didn't want to use 2 apps either, but when I tried an all-in-one app (miCal) it was almost just too much. I check Finish frequently and it will pop up when something is do.

    Task is nice but not sure having Today at bottom works for me...??? May try that again as well. I've always said, it's nice to have options!
    But yes, any.do was a good find. And I will go back to it at some point I'm sure.

    Enjoy your weekend
    "Sometimes its not the song that makes you emotional. It's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it."

Similar Threads

  1. Shopping app like HandyShopper (Palm)
    By mcdan333 in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-30-2013, 07:27 PM
  2. App that manages apps (like a task manager)
    By evolancer13 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-25-2010, 05:04 PM
  3. Any official apps like catagories for jail broken phones
    By robalex117 in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2009, 08:55 AM
  4. Any app like this...
    By newtotipb in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 08:42 AM
  5. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 03:11 PM

Posting Permissions