I have tried some but would like suggestions on a good app the notifies you and don't keep signing me out. One if the reason I like having the native app on android. I use it to talk to a friend in Europe and would be nice to have a app like the native one on android.
Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
- 01-16-2013, 08:41 PM #2
- 01-17-2013, 12:36 AM #4
- 01-17-2013, 01:38 PM #6
- 01-17-2013, 02:36 PM #7
- 01-17-2013, 07:43 PM #8
- 01-18-2013, 01:30 AM #9
- 01-18-2013, 04:57 PM #10iMore Genius
- 3,044 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Re: Google talk
from personal experience i can say that vtok is garbage and the beejive is quite good!
i have the complete 4.99 version so i cant speak to the beejive just for google, but the all in one 4.99 beejive app is fantastic
- 01-19-2013, 12:42 AM #11
I've been through this one.
Depending on your tolerance for design some apps can be a big miss. IM+ comes to mind for me. Beejive wasn't bad but was a little cluttered. My problem with Beejive was how unreliable it was with delivering my messages. Worked really well sometimes and pretty crappy others. Believe I had a paid version, too.
A really good one to try is Verbs. I picked up the paid version for added perks and while it wasn't perfect but it was certainly reliable. It is also very clean and easy to use.
But the absolute BEST Talk app I've used is honestly Google+. So long as someone you're talking to has the app on their device it is almost flawless as messaging app. It does get a little annoying with handoffs between + and Talk proper, though. Plus you need to get people to adopt it. It is worth it if they do.
Finally, I can't speak to this one but a friend of mine speaks very highly of AIM.
- By jameswebb in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 09-03-2012, 04:41 AM
- By wifeypoo in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 3Last Post: 07-05-2011, 11:10 AM
- By wifeypoo in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 0Last Post: 07-02-2011, 08:26 AM
- By briankeith513 in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 3Last Post: 02-08-2011, 03:34 PM
- By speakers in forum iPhone 4Replies: 0Last Post: 03-25-2009, 05:02 PM