Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Global Posts
    20,321 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default ReaddleDocs for iPad has been replaced

I may be mistaken but I could have sworn I paid for both the iPhone and iPad version of ReaddleDocs. Earlier, I noticed an update while on my iPad and it showed that an app called "Documents" will replace ReaddleDocs so I updated. When I grabbed my iPhone, I expected to see a similar update, but I did not so I went to and discovered that only the new "Documents" app is only for the iPad and is FREE for everyone. It is the exact same app with a little cosmetic modifications. Those of you who use ReaddleDocs on your iPad, do you recall paying for it?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Default Re: ReaddleDocs for iPad has been replaced

Very odd. Maybe they finally realized that since nobody else makes you pay for what that app does, they may as well give it away?

I never quite understood the point of ReaddleDocs since you can't use it to edit docs.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Global Posts
    20,321 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default ReaddleDocs for iPad has been replaced

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Very odd. Maybe they finally realized that since nobody else makes you pay for what that app does, they may as well give it away?

I never quite understood the point of ReaddleDocs since you can't use it to edit docs.
    Good point, but still, why keep the iPhone version a paid app?

UPDATE: The below statement is from Readdle's blog on their website:

So why is Documents free?
    Documents is free forever. We may add pay-only features in the future, but everything you see today will be free tomorrow and forever. The goal to Documents is to have 100 million users and we want to remove any barrier on this way. Readdle has been profitable for years on our great iOS products. We can afford to flip the bill.

Unfortunately, it doesn't answer the question in regard to ReaddleDocs app still being a paid app for the iPhone.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 01-16-2013 at 03:31 PM.