Best Excel app???

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You might want to find someone with Numbers to look at your spreadsheet prior to spending any more money.

Matador

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
this report gets emailed to me weekly and I want to be able to access it while I am on the road using my ipad. The only way I have figured out how to open is using CloudOn but it takes a while and is laggy at times.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
this report gets emailed to me weekly and I want to be able to access it while I am on the road using my ipad. The only way I have figured out how to open is using CloudOn but it takes a while and is laggy at times.

Can you not have the person emailing the report, export it in .xls format?

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I use QuickOffice Pro on both my iPhone and iPad and it handles all file formats and syncs with several cloud services.

***Team Jailbreak, sent using TapaTalk
iPhone 5, iPad 2, Apple TV 3, Macbook Air
Tweet @LondonComp ***

Matador

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, back to square one....I downloaded the Numbers app and even less of my reports open up now. Grrrr!!!!! Guess I am just going to have to resort to using CloudOn.

Wallie Billingsley

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same place. I've been a die hard Android user until one day ago when I purchased an iPad after bricking my Kindle HD Fire. I've always used Docs 2 Go on the Android platform. I purchased iWork on my Mac and ended up having to by Office for Mac, because iWork doesn't Work with Excel, Word, or Powerpoint files. I guess I can't say it doesn't work, but once you've CONVERTED them to iWork files they're worthless in Office. I'm not complain about anything new. There have been files compatibility issues between the Mac and Windows world for years. Heck, the Microsoft can't even maintain file compatibility for their own files on the Mac. Try using an Excel spreadsheet with ActiveX controls and macros. It does not work. BUT!!! here is my main reason for posting here. After being an Android guy since it's second release, then using an iPad and iTunes, I'm a very MAD guy. How STUPID can the idiots at Apple be? Google and even Amazon allow instant refunds for apps. It's not like your purchasing well known software like on a Mac or PC. NO, you have no idea until you shell out 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or more dollars on an app that you don't have a clue about, just to find out after you discover the developer was an *****, that you can't get a refund. DAMN, I'm mad. I'm almost ready to return the stupid iPad and go back to an Android table. Sorry for the strong desire to vent, but my suggestion is this, DO NOT shell on $10 on Numbers, especially since when you find out that is sucks with Excel files, you can't get a refund. Documents To Go is a good app on the Android platform and I expect it to be the same on iOS. Now I have to decide if I won't spend the $17 or return this stupid iPad.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Last few weeks people have sent me files in excel and I have been unable to open it. I have quick office pro docs to go and smart office too. No luck. Also tried the google drive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Google Play only offers refunds within 15 minutes of purchase. I've had customers who have had no problem getting refunds from iTunes or the Mac App store after several days. They're very responsive.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Google Play only offers refunds within 15 minutes of purchase. I've had customers who have had no problem getting refunds from iTunes or the Mac App store after several days. They're very responsive.

I second this. I installed a game when I had my iPhone 4S and then upgraded the game to the ad-free version via an in-app purchase. After purchasing my iPhone 5, I re-installed the game and attempted to restore the in-app purchase, but I could not. To make a long story short, the developers of the app told me that because I now have an iPhone 5, I would have to re-purchase the in-app upgrade. Of course, that didn't sit well with me. Apple went out of its way to rectify the situation as well as give me 5 song credits. Mind you, the correspondence was via email. Needless to say, I am pleased with the outcome and will remain an Apple customer for quite some time...:)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2