Best Excel app???

Matador

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

I am wondering what the best app for Excel, PDF, word docs is? Should I buy the Apple stuff? Pages, numbers etc or go with something else like Doc's to Go etc......

Thanks,

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Depends on whether or not you're going to sync to a Mac via iCloud. If not, all the available apps are pretty much equal. I, personally, prefer Docs 2 Go.

jloftis27

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
the best way to do it is to get a google drive account and do things there. It is just like excel, and office products, and it saves on the web too. Hope this helps.

jloftis27

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I think the best way to do this is to get a google drive account and do stuff there. Upside is that it saves online too. Hope this helps.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't like how Pages changes formatting. I think I am sticking with Google Drive to be cross platform for Word and Excel files.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I use Google Drive as well.
I have Numbers and Pages on my iPhone and iPad but haven't used them much.

Good Luck

Matador

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
What about an app to do powerpoint and PDF presentations? i tried Google drive and it you have to be very precise on when you stop the slide, otherwise it keeps sliding. I would like on that you just swipe and it stops on the slide.

Thanks,

iNotes4You

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft announced a version of it's Office Suite for iOS devices for early this year. We all don't know how it will work and if the UI is as good as that of iWork for iOS.
I think it will be well-designed with powerful features. If not this would be one more fault after Windows Phone, Windows 8, Surface and whatever is coming next.
Another reason to wait for the smartphone edition is the compatibility which is not perfect when saving iWork docs in Microsoft formats.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
We've been teased with MS Office for iOS for over a year. I wouldn't wait for it, but I will buy it if it comes to be.

debelakih

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I love Google Drive, too. But, the web version. The iPad app not so much, because it lacks so many features. That's why I use another great app for that. Appser for Google Docs runs the original, web version of Google Docs (Drive) on the iPad. One of the reviewers on the App Store said that this was the app the Google should've made in the first place and I totally agree. Plus, it's free.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/appser-for-google-docs/id577825348?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

Matador

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Ok I downloaded Docs To Go but it is giving me problems. It doesn't open all the excel files I need it to. Some of my files have the cells blacked out and other reports just don't open as there are too many cells. Any other suggestions? Should I use Numbers?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok I downloaded Docs To Go but it is giving me problems. It doesn't open all the excel files I need it to. Some of my files have the cells blacked out and other reports just don't open as there are too many cells. Any other suggestions? Should I use Numbers?

I think that would be a good idea, but the decision is solely yours. Numbers

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am just worried I will spend more money to be in the same spot. I wish you could download it and it didn't work you could get your money back.

I understand. Have you tested the spreadsheets via Google Docs/Google Drive?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices