Process killer to iphone. Where to get?

jmsomps

May 21, 2013
Visit site
@ John Yester. I get what you are saying but then have a question. Please understand that I'm not being sarcastic. Its easier, for me, if I give an example. I'm hoping you are a technical person and that is why I'm posing this: I have an iPad 4 gen. I run Clash of Clans and it runs great. I then "minimize" it and run another app. I "minimize" that. I found a camera/video app that did some fun things and ran that. The iPad started getting non-responsive and so I closed the camera/video app through the multitasking bar. The iPad still seemed to run a bit funky. I brought Clash of Clans back and it wasn't responding very well. I closed it through the multitasking bar as well and relaunched it. Still ran funky. I closed it the same way again and brought up adrenaline: heat. It was slow and glitchy. I closed it and ran PK and when that finished running, I tried running Clash of Clans and Adrenaline: heat and they both ran without being glichy anymore. I can reproduce the problem with any app running and then run that camera/video app. Every time I run that particular camera/video app, it always slows down the iPad. I have since deleted that app and I have had some apps like that which have caused similar issues. I'm wondering if it is bad programming and if so, why does it still cause a problem after closing. Again, i'm not being sarcastic. I just want to know so I can have the right thinking process when dealing with things. If PK isn't necessary, why am I getting results when I run it? I'm sure that if I shut down my iPad and bring it up again, that will take care of it also, but 10 seconds is more welcome than a reboot. If I am looking at it incorrectly, please let me know (be gentle please... I'm fragile.) I'm anal about things but I like to know correct things rather than hear say or what things "should" be and you sound like someone who might be able to help me understand. I'm open to the facts... If PK is smoke and mirrors then I just want to know, but I then have the question... why. Thanks for your time and for entertaining my feeble mind.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
  • If someone tells you that all the apps in the multitasking bar are running, using up memory or sucking power, they are wrong.
  • When you hit the home button, an app moves from Active to Background and quickly to the Suspended state where it no longer uses CPU time or drains power.
  • An app may request an additional 10 minutes of Background running to complete a big task before becoming Suspended.
  • If memory is becoming scarce, iOS will automatically move Suspended apps into the Not Running state and reclaim their memory.
  • Five classes of apps - audio, GPS, VOIP, Newsstand and accessory apps - and some built-in apps such as Mail may run indefinitely in the background until they complete their task.

Check the video out to see how the back end of iOS works.http://speirs.org/blog/2012/1/6/ios-multitasking-in-detail.html

[video]http://vimeo.com/fraserspeirs/iosmt[/video]

jmsomps

May 21, 2013
Visit site
@neonworm - funny.

@Yester - I'm not sure why you typed in what you typed in. I expressed a "real life" situation and was wondering about it, but the bullet points didn't really address it. That's fine. I'm just curious more than anything. I know I took a while.... been busy. :cool:

neonworm

May 14, 2013
Visit site
@neonworm - funny.

@Yester - I'm not sure why you typed in what you typed in. I expressed a "real life" situation and was wondering about it, but the bullet points didn't really address it. That's fine. I'm just curious more than anything. I know I took a while.... been busy. :cool:

What's funny about it? It's the truth.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2