Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

Default Facebook app Force closing when I click on messages?!?

So the facebook app on both my ipad mini and iphone 5 when I go and click on messages the app kicks me out back to the home screen. Anyone else having a similar issue? I've closed the app and rebooted the devices but it still happens.
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: Facebook app Force closing when I click on messages?!?

I am having the same issue. See my post from yesterday:

I have a new iPhone 5, activated a week ago. Facebook app crashes after about 10 seconds every time it is opened using my account. I have uninstalled and reinstalled more times than I can count, I have rebooted the phone numerous times, and I have spent hours with Verizon and Apple techs, not to mention the techs where I purchased the phone. I have repeatedly reported the problem to Facebook, but, of course, have not heard from them. I have even returned the first phone and set up a new one. Facebook app still crashes. Last night the Verizon tech suggested I login on a different Facebook account. I did this using two different accounts and they both work perfectly. I reinstalled my account and it crashes. I mirrored the settings of the Facebook account that worked with my account and it still does not work. ANY suggestions as to what is causing this problem -- is it a setting in the Facebook account? should I hard reset my phone? should I deactivate and reactivate my Facebook account? Seeking help

The strange thing is that I can enter other accounts and they work fine. Please let me know if you find an answer to this problem. So far the only help I have gotten is that it is the app's fault. I just want it fixed!
    iPhone Nanite

I am having this same problem. I don't know what to do. HELP???? I've deleted my facebook app and reinstalled and still nothing. I even changed my password. This is so stupid.....
    iPhone Nanite

I am having this issue right now. HELP.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Most of the apps do not work properly. Try resetting your iPhone and wipe out everything and re-sync it afterwards.
    Hitch your app to the top with well planned and executed iPhone app marketing strategy - Click here to know more about it!