Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    925 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Does anyone use the "Agenda" app for iPhone?

Howdy all!

I am looking to replace the baked in iPhone Calendar app (I asked a similar question about a month ago for a friend who had some strict criteria for the app).

I did some research and Agenda seems to do exactly what I'm looking for. I can easily, and cleanly, see a list of tasks and appointments for a given day. I almost downloaded it today, but then I looked at the reviews. The current reviews on iTunes tear it apart (while the older reviews I've read, back when it first launched, rave about the app). I was just wondering if anyone is currently using the app as a replacement calendar and what are your thoughts?

I really want to start organizing my time better in 2013 and I think switching a better calendar app is a great starting point.

Thanks!!
    Just remember, everything happens for a reason...

If you found my post helpful, feel free to click "Thanks!"

I have been going crazy looming for a calendar app. I have never really replaced that app on any phone I have had because they never really had what I want. Then I looked at fantastical and have not looked back. I love it. I wanted something simple that I can have a month view with also a view of some appointments. The best part is you just type in the event and it does it all.
    iPhone 6 Plus 64 GB - 64 GB iPad Air - 64 GB iPad Mini 3 - 2014 Mac Book Air

Got a question:
    New to the Forums:
    How we work around here:
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    925 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Does anyone use the "Agenda" app for iPhone?

Zero, I've been looking at Fantastical because I've heard a lot of good things about it. My one question is, does it have a display similar to this (see attached photo). This display option is what's really pushing me to pick up Agenda. I like being able to see a clean list of the appointments/events for the day (I hate the built in Calendar's Agenda view - it's too cluttered and overwhelming).

Does anyone use the "Agenda" app for iPhone?-agendadayviewscrnsht.jpg

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

I have Agenda. (Ok, what calendar don't I have.) I don't use it much as it is very simple. I've found lately that I'm using Informant more and more as it even uses Apple's Reminders, which I can use as Tasks.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    925 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Alli, does Informant have a view similar to the screenshot I posted before? I was actually looking at that app as well (but wasn't sure if I'd like it/use it for the $15 price tag).

I'm not really looking for anything super complex necessarily, just an app that gives me some simplified views of what going on.

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

There isn't a view on the iPhone that includes both the month calendar and the day/week agenda. However, you get it nicely on the iPad version.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Does anyone use the "Agenda" app for iPhone?-img_0694.jpg  
    JustMe'D likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    10,458 Global Posts
    iOS Version

iLive like zerog I also have Fantastical and LOVE it. It unfortunately does not have the view like you posted an image of. It either shows the month with current appts/task for that day below it OR you can have it show by each day with appts/tasks listed below it as well.

What I really love about this app is I can just easily type in "doctors appt Monday at 1045am" and it will automatically insert it on the next coming Monday for my appt. at that stated time. OR you can specify a date "doctors appt Jan 2 at 1045am" and it will put it to that day. You then have a choice to add an alert or not. I only use the pull down noti center to view my appts & don't set alerts anymore - I've become very accustomed to using it this way & I love it

Pink-a-licious 4S doin' the TapAtalk!!
    iHeartMyPINKalicious5C~GOLD5S~iPadAir~MBPretina
    *drink that Kool-Aid, follow my lead. now you're one of us, you're coming with me*

Global Posts
    23,243 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by iLive an iLife View Post
    Zero, I've been looking at Fantastical because I've heard a lot of good things about it. My one question is, does it have a display similar to this (see attached photo). This display option is what's really pushing me to pick up Agenda. I like being able to see a clean list of the appointments/events for the day (I hate the built in Calendar's Agenda view - it's too cluttered and overwhelming).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	agendadayviewscrnsht.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	24835
    The only difference is that the day & date on the right side of the calendar does not exist. The calendar and listed events are displayed.

Global Posts
    23,243 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    There isn't a view on the iPhone that includes both the month calendar and the day/week agenda. However, you get it nicely on the iPad version.
    I like the look of that. It reminds me of my Metal PIM (Personal Information Manager) from back in the day.
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    925 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Alli: I LOVE the look of Informant's iPad version. If that view was available on the iPhone, I'd be sold. That looks like a standard paper planner which I used to use regularly.

Pink: I've heard a ton about Fantasical. The entry method seems perfect, but I don't think I can get around not having that view I posted.

Just D: If possible, could you post a screenshot?

Global Posts
    23,243 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by iLive an iLife View Post
    Alli: I LOVE the look of Informant's iPad version. If that view was available on the iPhone, I'd be sold. That looks like a standard paper planner which I used to use regularly.

Pink: I've heard a ton about Fantasical. The entry method seems perfect, but I don't think I can get around not having that view I posted.

Just D: If possible, could you post a screenshot?
    Sure.
    Does anyone use the "Agenda" app for iPhone?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356901097.788543.jpg
    Thanked by:
    iLive an iLife (12-30-2012)
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    925 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Thanks, Just D... That layout does look pretty nice!! Ugh - decisions, decisions!!

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

I notice that with the screenie that JustMeD posted it has nothing but dots on the days, forcing you to have the list view under. With Informant, you have the item in the day, all written out and readable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Does anyone use the "Agenda" app for iPhone?-img_1784.jpg  
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    6,607 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Alli,

This looks great. Will it sync across all Apple devices: iPhone, iPad and MacBooks?
    On a side note, which calendar subscription are you using to get the NFL stuff?

TIA

Apple TV
    iPhone 5S
    iPad Air Wi-Fi
    MacBook Air 13" Mid 2012 Yosemite 10.10
    Cigar Lover
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Alli,

This looks great. Will it sync across all Apple devices: iPhone, iPad and MacBooks?

TIA
    I'm just using iCloud for my calendar, so it syncs across everything. If I recall correctly, that was an NFL.com or Saints.com vCal that I downloaded at the beginning of pre-season. They make it super easy for fans!
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    6,607 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Alli,

TIA
    Got it Alli,
    Tks and Good Luck

Apple TV
    iPhone 5S
    iPad Air Wi-Fi
    Cigar Lover
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

I hope your "good luck" wasn't referring to the NFL since my season's come to an end. lol However, the Saints will be a force to be reckoned with next year with our coach back!

(Sorry for the totally OT post.)
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    6,607 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I hope your "good luck" wasn't referring to the NFL since my season's come to an end. lol However, the Saints will be a force to be reckoned with next year with our coach back!

(Sorry for the totally OT post.)
    Alli,
    I grew up with the Saints as my team.
    Brees is the man.
    Go Saints

Apple TV
    iPhone 5S
    iPad Air Wi-Fi
    Cigar Lover
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    935 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 e1.5

Take a look at miCal. I have come to use it exclusively. Day/week/month views plus a customizable "dashboard" that works as an agenda view with some other options (weather, etc.).
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfeet View Post
    Take a look at miCal. I have come to use it exclusively. Day/week/month views plus a customizable "dashboard" that works as an agenda view with some other options (weather, etc.).
    Doesn't look bad. But reminders as an in-purchase app?
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 :)

LOVE Fantastical...for Agenda view I did really like WeekCal!! And if Parker Planner would get there act together that would be an option!
    "Sometimes its not the song that makes you emotional. It's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it."
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    935 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 e1.5

Yea - Reminders is an add-on, and I honestly can not tell you how it looks or works. I don't use reminders, but do it all through calendaring. I set 30-minute "appointments" when I need a specific reminder (i.e. calling somebody). If I don't get to make the call, I slide the appointment to my next target date. What this does (for me) is sync that "reminder appointment" across all my devices through iCloud - iPhone, Outlook, my wife's iPhone, etc.

miCal works great for me in this way...
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Ok, so I broke down and picked up miCal. So far I'm loving it! Like that weather is incorporated, all the different views and I'm trying out the tasks addon because tasks on the calendar are huge...and I really like the layout and ease of converting a task to appt and vice versa.

I still like Fantastical and Week Cal but for right now with my personal needs and work needs, miCal seems to be the keeper atm!
    "Sometimes its not the song that makes you emotional. It's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it."
    Blackfeet likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    935 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 e1.5

Glad it worked out for you. I think you'll enjoy it. I particularly like the color coding of appointments, and with miCal you can do this automatically by formatting certain symbols or phrases in the settings function. What this means is that I have * set up to automatically color that appointment in Blue, which are medical appointments. So an entry such as " * Blackfeet [Dr. Doctor]", miCal will color the appointment Blue in the daily or week view.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Thanks! I like it so far and will probably keep the tasks add on, it really adds the missing feature I wanted with a calendar app!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast