Does anyone use the "Agenda" app for iPhone?

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Howdy all!

I am looking to replace the baked in iPhone Calendar app (I asked a similar question about a month ago for a friend who had some strict criteria for the app).

I did some research and Agenda seems to do exactly what I'm looking for. I can easily, and cleanly, see a list of tasks and appointments for a given day. I almost downloaded it today, but then I looked at the reviews. The current reviews on iTunes tear it apart (while the older reviews I've read, back when it first launched, rave about the app). I was just wondering if anyone is currently using the app as a replacement calendar and what are your thoughts?

I really want to start organizing my time better in 2013 and I think switching a better calendar app is a great starting point.

Thanks!!

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I have been going crazy looming for a calendar app. I have never really replaced that app on any phone I have had because they never really had what I want. Then I looked at fantastical and have not looked back. I love it. I wanted something simple that I can have a month view with also a view of some appointments. The best part is you just type in the event and it does it all.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Zero, I've been looking at Fantastical because I've heard a lot of good things about it. My one question is, does it have a display similar to this (see attached photo). This display option is what's really pushing me to pick up Agenda. I like being able to see a clean list of the appointments/events for the day (I hate the built in Calendar's Agenda view - it's too cluttered and overwhelming).

agendadayviewscrnsht.jpg

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I have Agenda. (Ok, what calendar don't I have.) I don't use it much as it is very simple. I've found lately that I'm using Informant more and more as it even uses Apple's Reminders, which I can use as Tasks.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Alli, does Informant have a view similar to the screenshot I posted before? I was actually looking at that app as well (but wasn't sure if I'd like it/use it for the $15 price tag).

I'm not really looking for anything super complex necessarily, just an app that gives me some simplified views of what going on.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
There isn't a view on the iPhone that includes both the month calendar and the day/week agenda. However, you get it nicely on the iPad version.

Attachments

• IMG_0694.jpg
    IMG_0694.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 114

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
iLive like zerog I also have Fantastical and LOVE it. It unfortunately does not have the view like you posted an image of. It either shows the month with current appts/task for that day below it OR you can have it show by each day with appts/tasks listed below it as well.

What I really love about this app is I can just easily type in "doctors appt Monday at 1045am" and it will automatically insert it on the next coming Monday for my appt. at that stated time. OR you can specify a date "doctors appt Jan 2 at 1045am" and it will put it to that day. You then have a choice to add an alert or not. I only use the pull down noti center to view my appts & don't set alerts anymore - I've become very accustomed to using it this way & I love it:);)

Pink-a-licious 4S doin' the TapAtalk!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Zero, I've been looking at Fantastical because I've heard a lot of good things about it. My one question is, does it have a display similar to this (see attached photo). This display option is what's really pushing me to pick up Agenda. I like being able to see a clean list of the appointments/events for the day (I hate the built in Calendar's Agenda view - it's too cluttered and overwhelming).

View attachment 24835
The only difference is that the day & date on the right side of the calendar does not exist. The calendar and listed events are displayed.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There isn't a view on the iPhone that includes both the month calendar and the day/week agenda. However, you get it nicely on the iPad version.

I like the look of that. It reminds me of my Metal PIM (Personal Information Manager) from back in the day.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Alli: I LOVE the look of Informant's iPad version. If that view was available on the iPhone, I'd be sold. That looks like a standard paper planner which I used to use regularly.

Pink: I've heard a ton about Fantasical. The entry method seems perfect, but I don't think I can get around not having that view I posted.

Just D: If possible, could you post a screenshot?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Alli: I LOVE the look of Informant's iPad version. If that view was available on the iPhone, I'd be sold. That looks like a standard paper planner which I used to use regularly.

Pink: I've heard a ton about Fantasical. The entry method seems perfect, but I don't think I can get around not having that view I posted.

Just D: If possible, could you post a screenshot?

Sure.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356901097.788543.jpg

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I notice that with the screenie that JustMeD posted it has nothing but dots on the days, forcing you to have the list view under. With Informant, you have the item in the day, all written out and readable.

Attachments

• IMG_1784.jpg
    IMG_1784.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 99

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site

Alli,

This looks great. Will it sync across all Apple devices: iPhone, iPad and MacBooks?
On a side note, which calendar subscription are you using to get the NFL stuff?

TIA

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Alli,

This looks great. Will it sync across all Apple devices: iPhone, iPad and MacBooks?
On a side note, which calendar subscription are you using to get the NFL stuff?

TIA

I'm just using iCloud for my calendar, so it syncs across everything. If I recall correctly, that was an NFL.com or Saints.com vCal that I downloaded at the beginning of pre-season. They make it super easy for fans!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I hope your "good luck" wasn't referring to the NFL since my season's come to an end. lol However, the Saints will be a force to be reckoned with next year with our coach back!

(Sorry for the totally OT post.)

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I hope your "good luck" wasn't referring to the NFL since my season's come to an end. lol However, the Saints will be a force to be reckoned with next year with our coach back!

(Sorry for the totally OT post.)

Alli,
I grew up with the Saints as my team.
Brees is the man.
Go Saints

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Take a look at miCal. I have come to use it exclusively. Day/week/month views plus a customizable "dashboard" that works as an agenda view with some other options (weather, etc.).

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Take a look at miCal. I have come to use it exclusively. Day/week/month views plus a customizable "dashboard" that works as an agenda view with some other options (weather, etc.).

Doesn't look bad. But reminders as an in-purchase app?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711