Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Default Re: Does anyone use the "Agenda" app for iPhone?

Ya know the funny thing with Informant...back on Palm I did support for Agendus. Informant was our competitor and I really disliked it...for obvious reasons. Agendus on iOS is garbage - they were bought out by Splash, and Splash did them no favors. So even after going to WinMo, I still wasn't crazy about Informant, but it's pretty damn nice on iOS!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    935 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 e1.5

OK - so I broke down and spent $5 on PI GO. So far, OK. No sure it is *everything* I was hoping for, but it is a start. I might actually upgrade to the Pro if I can get through a few issues I am having. At the risk of being seen as a thread hijacker, I'll ask here (since PI GO is, at least, part of the topic) but if I need to go fresh with a whole new post, just say so.

I work for a Fire Dept., and work shifts; A Shift, B, Shift, and C Shift, each colored differently on our shift calendars. That's to know at a glance whose shift is one. A = Red, B = Blue, and C = Green. I have these shifts set as re-occurring all day appointments in the native calendar. With PI GO, I created separate calendars for each shift, appropriately colored. But when I changed the calendar for each A Shift (for example) from the default iCloud calendar to the A Shift calendar, the all day appointment disappeared on the iOS calendar altogether, as well as iCloud and Outlook, which are all sync'd together. Oops. Took about 30 minutes of undoing what I did, to get all right in the iOS calendar again, but now all my shifts in PI GO are mono color - the system default. So...

I said to myself, not a big deal self. How about we just tag the event with the proper color. So I create tags with the right color for each event, A, B, and C Shift. Except now I can not figure out how to tag an event. Or a task (reminder) for that matter. Creating the tags I have done, find a way to use those tags I have not. Anyone? Please?

Other than all this, I think it has lots of potential, and actually makes me wonder what I may be missing that is in the Big Boy "Pro" version.

Thanks...
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 :)

Default Does anyone use the "Agenda" app for iPhone?

Here's a few screenshots for tags...I use them so that at a glance, I can see on calendar and tasks list what is work etc When setting up new event or task, scroll down to 'tag' and then it will show in calendar as that color...

Was that your question or did I totally miss it?!😳
    Does anyone use the "Agenda" app for iPhone?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1359570037.877828.jpg
    Does anyone use the "Agenda" app for iPhone?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1359570048.428587.jpg
    Does anyone use the "Agenda" app for iPhone?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1359570057.342545.jpg

I'm liking it so far too...and Pro has some more task abilities (not quite sure what?!) and Contacts plus another view for calendar...

Hope I helped a little! 😉
    "Sometimes its not the song that makes you emotional. It's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it."
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    935 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 e1.5

Thanks! - I think I am missing something however. I do not have the same "Tag" field you have right above your calendar drop down. I have an option to select which calendar, but no tag. Hmm...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Does anyone use the "Agenda" app for iPhone?-photo1.png   Does anyone use the "Agenda" app for iPhone?-photo2.png  
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Did you set up which Calendars to select from?
    Does anyone use the "Agenda" app for iPhone?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1359571831.626729.jpg
    "Sometimes its not the song that makes you emotional. It's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it."
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    935 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 e1.5

I must have messed this up somehow - I just noticed I don't even have an icon option. I've gone through all of my settings a few times, but it's not there. But I know it has to be.

AND, I am unclear on what you ask - Which Calendars to select from. I have an iCloud calendar and an exchange calendar. My exchange calendar is "unselected" for most of the time.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    935 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 e1.5

Something else I just noticed looking through ADVANCED|DATABASE STATISTICS. I have 0 Calendar items, and 615 iOS Calendar items. What's the difference?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    935 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 e1.5

Never mind... Just found this tidbit in the PI GO pdf manual available on the PI site; "• Any Pocket Informant GO!™ specific fields such as icon and tags are not supported for iOS calendar events."

Of course. Looks like I am just plain out of luck...
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Do you use gmail? Google calendar is all I use...
    Thanked by:
    Blackfeet (01-30-2013)
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    935 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 e1.5

I actually use Outlook at home sync'd through iCloud to my iPhone. I also have a work Exchange account on the iPhone that I keep undelivered most of time but want the calendar available.

It all works well, but I think I may be trying to make one app to many work within "my system".

Thanks ...
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I hope you can get it to work or find something that can do the job for you! I did see a few Shift calendars in my perusal of productivity apps in the App Store...
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    935 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 e1.5

Thanks. I'll keep looking. I like to UI, for the most part. Love tasks and events on one page on Today. I guess you can't have it all, right?
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Oh but we must keep looking!!!😃
    Alli likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    935 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 e1.5

Quote Originally Posted by seashell93 View Post
    Oh but we must keep looking!!!😃
    Oh yes - we must!

Global Posts
    23,279 Global Posts
    iOS Version

FYI: Pocket Informant Pro is on sale for $8.99 at the moment. Get it in the App Store HERE.
    Thanked by:
    Blackfeet (01-31-2013)
    Alli likes this.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Thanks D, was actually contemplating an upgrade from Go!

Ok, does anyone know how I upgrade to Pro?!! Nowhere in Go is it giving me the option...???
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    935 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 e1.5

Of course! Two days after I got PI GO. Pro goes on sale. Figures...
    JustMe'D likes this.

Global Posts
    23,279 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfeet View Post
    Of course! Two days after I got PI GO. Pro goes on sale. Figures...
    ....Isn't that how it always seem to be?...(laughing)
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    ....Isn't that how it always seem to be?...(laughing)
    Yes...AND there is no discount for those going from Go to Pro; you pay the full cost for Pro...(at least their customer service is quick in responding!)

Global Posts
    23,279 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Yes...AND there is no discount for those going from Go to Pro; you pay the full cost for Pro...(at least their customer service is quick in responding!)
    I hear you. Maybe if the state of our economy wasn't in such a shamble, they'd be more willing to cooperate. Then again, if the company can take $5 off the asking price for a day then they should certainly be able to charge that same amount or less to go from the Go version to the Pro version, in my opinion.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 01-31-2013 at 07:53 PM.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    I hear you. Maybe if the state if our economy wasn't in such a shamble, they'd be more willing to cooperate. Then again, if the company can take $5 off the asking price for a day then they should certainly be able to charge that same amount or less to go from the Go version to the Pro version, in my opinion.
    I agree and that's exactly what I stated to them in my reply email😉...will let you know if they offer anything!

Global Posts
    23,279 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I agree and that's exactly what I stated to them in my reply email...will let you know if they offer anything!
    Okay, thanks. Ya know, when I worked at Walt Disney World as a teenager & in my mid 20's, they repeatedly stressed the importance of customer service. I also remember hearing one of my college professors say that not only are you paying for a product, but also the service. If the service sucks, the sale of the product will suffer despite how great it may be. You know what? He was spot-on and companies like Disney and Apple fully understand that bit of knowledge.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 01-31-2013 at 07:03 PM.
    seashell93 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    935 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 e1.5

Back from taking my afternoon nap (I've come down with that wicked cold that is going around!).

I was going to email their support also, but since they already answered yours, AND they offer no discount or prorated rate to upgrade, then why waste my time. I work in Public Safety, and count a very high premium on "customer service". I can't stand it when a person, company, or Government, takes advantage of a person or group.

My wife says I am grumpy when I first wake up.... ;-)
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfeet View Post
    Back from taking my afternoon nap (I've come down with that wicked cold that is going around!).

I was going to email their support also, but since they already answered yours, AND they offer no discount or prorated rate to upgrade, then why waste my time. I work in Public Safety, and count a very high premium on "customer service". I can't stand it when a person, company, or Government, takes advantage of a person or group.

My wife says I am grumpy when I first wake up.... ;-)

You would think for such a hi-end app (both in price and in capabilities) there would be a 'try this and then upgrade for more great features...like most apps out there. At least they responded to me email, but they've lost a sale for their Pro version...😔

Hope you feel better soon!!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

It's not an upgrade - it's a totally separate app, so if you want Pro, just buy it in the app store.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast