Google Maps for IOS releasing tonight?

Turb0x3r

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Played around with it on my wife's iphone 5 and I like how google is doing with their maps in design department especially the turn by turn. Perhaps we'll see the design language going to android in the immediate future.

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I found a way to use google maps through Siri. Just state the contact you want to navigate to and add "via transit" at the end of the sentence. You will then get a choice of the navigation app to use. Choose the google app and that is it. With this great trick you can use your contacts with google maps. Give it a try!!!

Sent from my iPhone 7

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I found a way to use google maps through Siri. Just state the contact you want to navigate to and add "via transit" at the end of the sentence. You will then get a choice of the navigation app to use. Choose the google app and that is it. With this great trick you can use your contacts with google maps. Give it a try!!!

Sent from my iPhone 7

I did this also and it works well. The only thing is, and this may not be a big deal, but when you do it that way it opens the Apple maps app as well in the background, so this may be an unnecessary battery drain to have both tracking your location.
If you use Siri to open google maps then go and close Apple maps it kind of defeats the purpose. I like Apple, but they are going to make sure third part apps aren't fully integrated.