Gmail app question

JsGrandma

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded the new Gmail app to compare with the native Mail app which I've always used. I like the look of the Gmail app and the extra choices, but now I don't get a notification on the native Mail app when a new email comes in. It only shows on the Gmail app. I would like to keep both as I can change the text size in the native app for easier reading when I don't have my glasses on , but the Gmail app just looks so much better..........

How do I make the red notification show on either both app icons OR just the native Mail app? I didn't change any settings in the native Mail app. Is that possible? If not then I will just rearrange the icons on my home screen....

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When i initially installed the latest Gmail app, I received notification on both the Gmail app and the native mail app that I had configured for Gmail Exchange. I've since deleted gmail from the native mail app for the time being. I don't know what to tell you accept to double-check your settings and / or delete the new Gmail app to make sure your gmail notifications work via the native mail app.

JsGrandma

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Yep settings for Exchange are set as before (no changes) and in fact even though "Badge App Icon" is still showing "On", there is no red notification on the native app icon itself. I have the Badge App Icon and sounds turned "off" on the Gmail app. It's like the Gmail app is now the default as there is no on screen notification from the native Mail app and no red notification. The new emails are showing up in both but there is no notification of any kind for the native app even though it is set for it.

I really would like to keep the Gmail app for searching as I do use labels for most of my emails, but for viewing and responding the native app larger text size is better for me. I know it's probably pretty petty to most but if I can make it work that would be great...........

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal