Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default How to safely Delete Photos on iPad mini

Hi,

I uploaded lots of photos using iCloud from my PC to iPad mini. The photos went into Photo Stream. The I added these photos to Camera Role and from there to different albums.

I wanted to save storage so I deleted all photos in Photo Stream and Camera Role thinking that I got them saved in the albums. To my suprise I found out that the photos from the albums were gone.

I like to understand what exctly happened here so I would know how and where to delete photos to save storage. Please help.

Thanks,

Global Posts
    15,539 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x.x

Default Re: How to safely Delete Photos on iPad mini

Be sure the photo you want to delete is in your camera roll before deleting it from photo stream. If it is, you can delete it from photo stream; if not, you'll need to save it to your camera roll first (by opening the photo, tapping the share arrow at the top, then tapping Save to Camera Roll).

Photos in any albums still need to be contained in camera roll
    John Yester
    Moderator Team Leader, iMore.com

iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by vpipad View Post
    Hi,

I uploaded lots of photos using iCloud from my PC to iPad mini. The photos went into Photo Stream. The I added these photos to Camera Role and from there to different albums.

I wanted to save storage so I deleted all photos in Photo Stream and Camera Role thinking that I got them saved in the albums. To my suprise I found out that the photos from the albums were gone.

I like to understand what exctly happened here so I would know how and where to delete photos to save storage. Please help.

Thanks,

You could also save space on the forums by not double posting about this

http://forums.imore.com/ipad-apps-ga...ipad-mini.html
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Nanite

Hi,

I understand from your reply I can not delete the photos in Camera Role for the photos I need to keep in all my albums. This means the photos in the albums are indexed from the Camera Role as opposed to copied from there. Am I right?

Thanks,

Global Posts
    15,539 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x.x

Default How to safely Delete Photos on iPad mini

Exactly.

See attached. I have the image in my camera roll and a folder. When I go to remove it it prompts you that it's linked to a folder. Do you wish to delete it everywhere or cancel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to safely Delete Photos on iPad mini-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1354676861.631241.jpg  
    John Yester
    Moderator Team Leader, iMore.com