Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Global Posts
    17,383 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default AP Mobile App

Am I the only person who uses the AP mobile news app and have to initiate the app in order to see the breaking news alerts even though I have my notifications set to display a badge number count, display on the lock screen and emit an audible sound? Currently, the app show 2 breaking news alerts and yet, outside of the app itself, there is no indication of those alerts.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

Default AP Mobile App

What is that?
    If I helped you - Please hit that little +REP button
    It looks like an old-school scale next to the report button

> Blackberry Z10 - White - Verizon Wireless - Current <

>iPhone 6 - Next Device<
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Global Posts
    17,383 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default AP Mobile App

Quote Originally Posted by Pink iPhone4S View Post
    What is that?
    The Associated Press' mobile news app. You can read about it .
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,349 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: AP Mobile App

yes I have this same issue. it also happens with me on the espn sportscast app too.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps
    "My personal hobbies are reading, listening to music, and silence." Edith Sitwell
    Thanked by:
    JustMe'D (11-26-2012)
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Global Posts
    17,383 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default AP Mobile App

Quote Originally Posted by Rellskie View Post
    yes I have this same issue. it also happens with me on the espn sportscast app too.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps
    Thank you for responding, Rellskie. I appreciate it. As for the ESPN, that one (ESPN ScoreCenter App) is not a problem for me. I get alerted throughout the day on breaking sports news that I have set up. I also have it set up to alert me of EVERY scoring drive of certain football games when I'm not able to watch (Blackout games) and sure enough, I get alerted on time. The Bleacher Report app alerts me, as well. The AP Mobile app, will not. I really don't need it because I get the AP alerts via Twitter, but I would like for the app to work as advertised. That's all. I've installed and deleted it numerous times over the past year and I'm about to delete it again...lol. Anyway, thanks again for responding. You are appreciated, my friend...
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,349 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default AP Mobile App

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Thank you for responding, Rellskie. I appreciate it. As for the ESPN, that one (ESPN ScoreCenter App) is not a problem for me. I get alerted throughout the day on breaking sports news that I have set up. I also have it set up to alert me of EVERY scoring drive of certain football games when I'm not able to watch (Blackout games) and sure enough, I get alerted on time. The Bleacher Report app alerts me, as well. The AP Mobile app, will not. I really don't need it because I get the AP alerts via Twitter, but I would like for the app to work as advertised. That's all. I've installed and deleted it numerous times over the past year and I'm about to delete it again...lol. Anyway, thanks again for responding. You are appreciated, my friend...
    No problem D. Glad to help. Yeah about that sports center app I get the team notifications and all too, but if I click the notification on the story it opens up the app but not the actual story. So I usually just go into the Espn app to read the whole story.

So the AP app isn't alerting you at all? Does it give you the little red badge icon on the app? I still receive those but not that actual alert in the notification center.

Tapatalking on my iPhone
    "My personal hobbies are reading, listening to music, and silence." Edith Sitwell
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Global Posts
    17,383 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default AP Mobile App

Quote Originally Posted by Rellskie View Post
    No problem D. Glad to help. Yeah about that sports center app I get the team notifications and all too, but if I click the notification on the story it opens up the app but not the actual story. So I usually just go into the Espn app to read the whole story.
    Oh yeah, I see what you're saying, and you're right. It is a known issue that hopefully will be fixed. What i've found is that whenever it alerts me to a news story (NFL, for example), I go to the NFL section of the app and select news and oftentimes find the story listed that I was alerted of. Still, we should be taken directly to the story upon clicking on the alert.

So the AP app isn't alerting you at all? Does it give you the little red badge icon on the app? I still receive those but not that actual alert in the notification center.

Tapatalking on my iPhone
    The AP app is alerting me at all. It does NOT give me the little red badge or anything. Check out the screenshots. In the first photo, you can clearly see that there are 2 breaking news stories available. The second photo shows the notification settings I have for the AP Mobile app and the third photo shows the app without it displaying a badge count.

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,349 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default AP Mobile App

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Oh yeah, I see what you're saying, and you're right. It is a known issue that hopefully will be fixed. What i've found is that whenever it alerts me to a news story (NFL, for example), I go to the NFL section of the app and select news and oftentimes find the story listed that I was alerted of. Still, we should be taken directly to the story upon clicking on the alert.

The AP app is alerting me at all. It does NOT give me the little red badge or anything. Check out the screenshots. In the first photo, you can clearly see that there are 2 breaking news stories available. The second photo shows the notification settings I have for the AP Mobile app and the third photo shows the app without it displaying a badge count.

See at least you get taken to the story on the espn alert. It just takes me to that particular sports page but doesn't even show the story. So if I get a alert about the nba, I click it but it just takes me to the nba page on Espn instead of the actual story. What makes it worse is that the story won't show up in that section!

Wow I don't know what to say about the issues your having with the AP app. I would just delete it then reinstall. I just tried to open it myself but it just crashed on me! So it's definitely not you, it's the app.

Tapatalking on my iPhone