What Password App Do Most Of You Use And Why ( 1Password - Password Keeper Etc)

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
How many different ones do you have memorized or do you use some sort of algorithm to create them? Because you really should have a different password for every site you use. I must have 100's so there's no way I can remember them all.

Most of mine meet certain specifics, 16-20 Char, numbers and one symbol. and most change every 60-90 days depending on job... Yes they are all different and I have not forgotten one since...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As stated in other threads, "DataVault" is my app of choice when it comes to maintaining passwords & other important information. It is powerful, easy to use and allows for my data to be backed up to and restored from various locations (Locally, Dropbox, iCloud).

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How many different ones do you have memorized or do you use some sort of algorithm to create them?
I set the parameters for how strong I want my password to be and then let DataVault create it for me. There is no need for me to remember my passwords although i have memorized a few that I use most frequently. For the rest, I don't have a problem initiating the DataVault app to copy and paste a needed password. Safety is paramount and worth the extra few seconds, in my opinion.
Because you really should have a different password for every site you use. I must have 100's so there's no way I can remember them all.
With the exception of a few, all of my passwords are different.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Keeper for a few days, my first password app, and I really like it. Still uneasy about having everything in one place though.

Follow me on the Twitter! @_jorts

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I use 1password currently but very unhappy that they are releasing a new version for iOS and current users have to fork out more money. If you want 1password I would wait for version 4 to come out so you don't have to pay twice.

via Tapatalk

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I would vote for the Keeper Password, I like the full-text searching and no limit on the number of records. Yet, it's free.

DamnSkippy

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Another vote for LastPass here simple, secure and syncs between everything I have. Get the paid account or the iOS apps are not of much use.

rscott016

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
mSecure is the best! I use it to sync using my Dropbox account with my iPhone, iPad & droid razr HD. Stores anything I can think of. Highly recommend it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tcecil

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I'll add my vote to Datavault. As a very new IPhone user (just switched from years with the Blackberry), I used this one on the Blackberry and was my first purchase for the IPhone. I also utilize the Desktop app as well.

Bill_Johnson

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I cast a vote for "eWallet GO!". The reason being I have that on my iPhone, iPad and PC and they all stay in sync via Dropbox (could use Google too). Also put it on the wife's iPhone and laptop. All 5 devices stay in sync with each other. I found it easy to enter all the info using my PC initially and was thrilled to see it show up on the other devices automagically!

Unlike others here, my memory isn't all that great, so rely on this to look up passwords, credit card info if my wallt isn't handy, etc. :rolleyes:

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
No one else using Roboform? I've used Roboform for many years. I began using it on Windows PC's and added it to the Palm and then the iPhone. Roboform syncs across most of the major browsers plus iOS. They update regularly and automatically. I currently keep it sync'd between 3 PC's, iPad and iPhone. the PC's sync to the cloud automatically. Sync'ing the iOS devices requires a button push. I've used it for 10+ years with no loss of data.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No one else using Roboform? I've used Roboform for many years. I began using it on Windows PC's and added it to the Palm and then the iPhone. Roboform syncs across most of the major browsers plus iOS. They update regularly and automatically. I currently keep it sync'd between 3 PC's, iPad and iPhone. the PC's sync to the cloud automatically. Sync'ing the iOS devices requires a button push. I've used it for 10+ years with no loss of data.

I don't recall ever hearing of Roboform and if I did, I didn't associate its name with password protection.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
mSecure is the best! I use it to sync using my Dropbox account with my iPhone, iPad & droid razr HD. Stores anything I can think of. Highly recommend it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've tried mSecure and it is a very good app. One of the things I really like about it is the boatload of logos it contain to be used in association with your data. For example, a Netflix logo to add to your Netflix login information. They have a lot more logos than DataVault but DataVault's power and security makes up for the lack of logos, in my opinion. ;)

Last edited:

mnl

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
hi. i use splashID and it's worked great for me for years. there is a desktop component and my iPhone syncs wirelessly with my desktop so I am always backed up. I can also access all of my protected content on both my desktop and phone. I've been using splash ID since I had a palm in the data has transferred seamlessly as I moved to a Windows phone, then a BlackBerry, and now my iPhone. Splash ID is not free but for me it's worth the cost.