Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts

Default Can't log in to Facebook

I deleted my fb the other day from laptop (not from iPhone) n I shut my iPhone off for a day n today I turned laptop on n reinstalled fb n well I have issues I can't play games but I can't sign in fb at all on iPhone it keeps saying session expired. I've deleted it n reinstalled it n same thing. I am lost n don't have a clue on how to fix any of this. Any thoughts?

Global Posts
    20,310 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Help please

Uninstall the Facebook app again and then go to Settings-General and then scroll down to Facebook and make sure it is not configured/logged in. Afterwards, reboot your device and then re-configure Facebook via Settings-General and then reinstall the app. *Hopefully*, that will fix the issue for you.
    Thanked by:
    Godsdragon (10-16-2013)
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts

Default Re: Help please

I'm sorry is this for the iPhone?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,006 Global Posts
    iOS Version

What do you mean by "I deleted my fb the other day from laptop"?

You deleted your account? Deleted the app from iTunes? Signed out?
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts

Sorry...yes I deleted my account on my laptop not the iPhone. I shut my iPhone off for the day. I turned everything back on today n it was all messed up. I can't play my games it just spins (on laptop) n I just did the above n it still does the session expired.

Global Posts
    20,310 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Help please

Quote Originally Posted by DoeZ View Post
    Sorry...yes I deleted my account on my laptop not the iPhone. I shut my iPhone off for the day. I turned everything back on today n it was all messed up. I can't play my games it just spins (on laptop) n I just did the above n it still does the session expired.
    I'm still somewhat confused but is your main concern the fact that you cannot play any Facebook games via your laptop computer? Are you able to do everything else related to Facebook via your computer?

Note: according to , there was a widespread service disruption yesterday.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts

No I can't post anything I can't send messages I can't even change my settings. I don't believe I was hacked I had it locked down real good. So I guess I'm concerned cuz I can't do anything at all now lol
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,006 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Well, if you really deleted your account, then it doesn't matter if you're trying to log in from your phone, your computer, or anywhere else--because you deleted the account. Are you sure you did that?

Global Posts
    20,310 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Help please

Quote Originally Posted by Massie View Post
    Well, if you really deleted your account, then it doesn't matter if you're trying to log in from your phone, your computer, or anywhere else--because you deleted the account. Are you sure you did that?
    Great catch, Massie, and you're absolutely right.

Global Posts
    5,902 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

Default Help please

Facebook doesn't let you delete your account that easily. I think you have to tell it you want to delete it and if there's no activity for a month then it is truly deleted.

But I'm also confused by the talk of a Facebook app on the desktop. To the best of my knowledge there's no Facebook application for OSX or Windows. Just a browser signed into Facebook.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,841 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Default Help please

If you delete your account if you sign back into it .... It will automatically re activate

Beamed from my iPad 2 routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers and brought to you using Tapatalk !
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts

Default Help please

You can delete your account and you don't have to tell them you just don't ever sign in again. So...as I said I deleted it and reinstalled it and its not working at all. I can't post anything I can't send a message and I can't play games as it just spins.

Now I don't know what you mean by an app on a desktop.

I also mentioned I shut down my iPhone for a day n turned it on n went into my fb n it kept saying session expired ... Happy to say I finally got on. So I'm wondering if there's a time frame or something when you reinstall your fb? Not sure just my thought v
    “The unreal is more powerful than the real, because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it. because its only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last. stone crumbles. wood rots. people, well, they die. but things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on.”
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,841 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Default Help please

You can delete your account and you don't have to tell them you just don't ever sign in again. So...as I said I deleted it and reinstalled it and its not working at all. I can't post anything I can't send a message and I can't play games as it just spins.

I also mentioned I shut down my iPhone for a day n turned it on n went into my fb n it kept saying session expired ... Happy to say I finally got on. So I'm wondering if there's a time frame or something when you reinstall your fb? Not sure just my thought v
    You had to log back in on the computer first ? Before your phone would log in ?

Brought to you from my iPad 4 LTE routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers from Tapatalk !
  14. Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts

Default Help please

No sir laptop is off..I totally cleaned it and shut it down almost 2 hrs ago so I I just tried to sign in again for kicks n giggles n it worked so I'm hoping its working on laptop in morning. I've uninstalled n reinstalled before n never had this problem before so this really thru me for a loop. That's y I think maybe its a time thing.
    “The unreal is more powerful than the real, because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it. because its only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last. stone crumbles. wood rots. people, well, they die. but things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on.”
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,841 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Default Help please

No sir laptop is off..I totally cleaned it and shut it down almost 2 hrs ago so I I just tried to sign in again for kicks n giggles n it worked so I'm hoping its working on laptop in morning. I've uninstalled n reinstalled before n never had this problem before so this really thru me for a loop. That's y I think maybe its a time thing.
    Must have been then
  16. Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts

Default Help please

Ok I'm not sure about the time thing but I had turned off my wifi (I don't know why I just did) and signed in and got in...well I was just looking at some settings and I signed in fb in the settings area and it i guess updated not sure if that's the correct term but I turned my wifi back n went back into my fb n got the session expired again GRRRRR so I turned it off and signed back in an got in. So for some reason it has something to do with the wifi.

Global Posts
    20,310 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Help please

You can delete your account and you don't have to tell them you just don't ever sign in again.
    okay
    So...as I said I deleted it and reinstalled it and its not working at all.
    This is what's confusing. You cannot "reinstall" an account. You can, however, set up an account and then login to it. So my questions are these: Did you delete your original Facebook account and then set up a new and are unable to access it via your iPhone? Did you delete your Facebook account while logged in via your computer and are trying to access your deleted Facebook account via the Facebook app on your iPhone?
    I can't post anything I can't send a message and I can't play games as it just spins.
    See my previous reply.

An app that is installed on your desktop computer.

???
  18. Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts

When I say delete I mean just that delete it. And when I say I reinstalled it I mean I logged into it again with the same name same pw. As for my iPhone I deleted and went to the App Store and installed it again same name etc. I have no clue what you're talking about an app on a desktop. So today was the same...can't post or send messages and I can't change settings or delete phone number either. On the bottom right corner where the chat is I always have it off n now there's a yellow triangle with a ! in the center and it says disabled. My wifi also has to be off for me to use fb on my phone also and I discovered that playing with my settings.
  19. Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts

I should say that my wifi never used to have to be off but since all of this it's the only way I'm able to get on fb from iPhone.

And I have no clue what your talking about an app for desktop I never mentioned a app for desktop so I don't know what you mean.

Global Posts
    5,902 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

I should say that my wifi never used to have to be off but since all of this it's the only way I'm able to get on fb from iPhone.

And I have no clue what your talking about an app for desktop I never mentioned a app for desktop so I don't know what you mean.
    You did talk about a desktop app or at least implied it by saying you installed Facebook on your laptop. In "computer-speak" if you just used Facebook in a browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera) them you didn't install it.

If you can't get to Facebook on wifi hit you can when on a cellular signal then something in your router's config is blocking it.
  21. Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts

Default Re: Can't log in to Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Karenkcoulter View Post
    You did talk about a desktop app or at least implied it by saying you installed Facebook on your laptop. In "computer-speak" if you just used Facebook in a browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera) them you didn't install it.
    Pardon me so very much for miss spoken words for pete sake...
    If you can't get to Facebook on wifi hit you can when on a cellular signal then something in your router's config is blocking it.
    And this is what I've been trying to say all along is that something is wrong and its not my phone its not my router it nothing on my end its something with facebook now...its something when I "deleted it" and thats what I'm calling it...everything works fine on my laptop and I even when up on my desktop to see if maybe it was my laptop and it wasn't its facebook...my desktop computer worked fine...laptop fine...phone fine...everything worked fine but my facebook...and I don't know how to fix this...
  22. Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts

All is fixed
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    595 Global Posts

Default Re: Can't log in to Facebook

How did you fix the issue? I am having similar problems with FB and my ipad...
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Become a student of change. It is the only thing that will remain constant. --Anthony J. D'Angelo

Rom 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.