Can't log in to Facebook

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I deleted my fb the other day from laptop (not from iPhone) n I shut my iPhone off for a day n today I turned laptop on n reinstalled fb n well I have issues I can't play games but I can't sign in fb at all on iPhone it keeps saying session expired. I've deleted it n reinstalled it n same thing. I am lost n don't have a clue on how to fix any of this. Any thoughts?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Help please

Uninstall the Facebook app again and then go to Settings-General and then scroll down to Facebook and make sure it is not configured/logged in. Afterwards, reboot your device and then re-configure Facebook via Settings-General and then reinstall the app. *Hopefully*, that will fix the issue for you.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Help please

What do you mean by "I deleted my fb the other day from laptop"?

You deleted your account? Deleted the app from iTunes? Signed out?

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Sorry...yes I deleted my account on my laptop not the iPhone. I shut my iPhone off for the day. I turned everything back on today n it was all messed up. I can't play my games it just spins (on laptop) n I just did the above n it still does the session expired.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Help please

Sorry...yes I deleted my account on my laptop not the iPhone. I shut my iPhone off for the day. I turned everything back on today n it was all messed up. I can't play my games it just spins (on laptop) n I just did the above n it still does the session expired.

I'm still somewhat confused but is your main concern the fact that you cannot play any Facebook games via your laptop computer? Are you able to do everything else related to Facebook via your computer?

Note: according to THIS, there was a widespread service disruption yesterday.

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

No I can't post anything I can't send messages I can't even change my settings. I don't believe I was hacked I had it locked down real good. So I guess I'm concerned cuz I can't do anything at all now lol

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

Well, if you really deleted your account, then it doesn't matter if you're trying to log in from your phone, your computer, or anywhere else--because you deleted the account. Are you sure you did that?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Help please

Well, if you really deleted your account, then it doesn't matter if you're trying to log in from your phone, your computer, or anywhere else--because you deleted the account. Are you sure you did that?

Great catch, Massie, and you're absolutely right.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Help please

If you delete your account if you sign back into it .... It will automatically re activate

Beamed from my iPad 2 routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers and brought to you using Tapatalk !

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Help please

You can delete your account and you don't have to tell them you just don't ever sign in again. So...as I said I deleted it and reinstalled it and its not working at all. I can't post anything I can't send a message and I can't play games as it just spins.

Now I don't know what you mean by an app on a desktop.

I also mentioned I shut down my iPhone for a day n turned it on n went into my fb n it kept saying session expired ... Happy to say I finally got on. So I'm wondering if there's a time frame or something when you reinstall your fb? Not sure just my thought v

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Help please

You can delete your account and you don't have to tell them you just don't ever sign in again. So...as I said I deleted it and reinstalled it and its not working at all. I can't post anything I can't send a message and I can't play games as it just spins.

I also mentioned I shut down my iPhone for a day n turned it on n went into my fb n it kept saying session expired ... Happy to say I finally got on. So I'm wondering if there's a time frame or something when you reinstall your fb? Not sure just my thought v

You had to log back in on the computer first ? Before your phone would log in ?

Brought to you from my iPad 4 LTE routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers from Tapatalk !

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Help please

No sir laptop is off..I totally cleaned it and shut it down almost 2 hrs ago so I I just tried to sign in again for kicks n giggles n it worked so I'm hoping its working on laptop in morning. I've uninstalled n reinstalled before n never had this problem before so this really thru me for a loop. That's y I think maybe its a time thing.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Help please

No sir laptop is off..I totally cleaned it and shut it down almost 2 hrs ago so I I just tried to sign in again for kicks n giggles n it worked so I'm hoping its working on laptop in morning. I've uninstalled n reinstalled before n never had this problem before so this really thru me for a loop. That's y I think maybe its a time thing.

Must have been then

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Help please

Ok I'm not sure about the time thing but I had turned off my wifi (I don't know why I just did) and signed in and got in...well I was just looking at some settings and I signed in fb in the settings area and it i guess updated not sure if that's the correct term but I turned my wifi back n went back into my fb n got the session expired again GRRRRR so I turned it off and signed back in an got in. So for some reason it has something to do with the wifi.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Help please

You can delete your account and you don't have to tell them you just don't ever sign in again.
okay
So...as I said I deleted it and reinstalled it and its not working at all.
This is what's confusing. You cannot "reinstall" an account. You can, however, set up an account and then login to it. So my questions are these: Did you delete your original Facebook account and then set up a new and are unable to access it via your iPhone? Did you delete your Facebook account while logged in via your computer and are trying to access your deleted Facebook account via the Facebook app on your iPhone?
I can't post anything I can't send a message and I can't play games as it just spins.
See my previous reply.

An app that is installed on your desktop computer.

???

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
When I say delete I mean just that delete it. And when I say I reinstalled it I mean I logged into it again with the same name same pw. As for my iPhone I deleted and went to the App Store and installed it again same name etc. I have no clue what you're talking about an app on a desktop. So today was the same...can't post or send messages and I can't change settings or delete phone number either. On the bottom right corner where the chat is I always have it off n now there's a yellow triangle with a ! in the center and it says disabled. My wifi also has to be off for me to use fb on my phone also and I discovered that playing with my settings.

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I should say that my wifi never used to have to be off but since all of this it's the only way I'm able to get on fb from iPhone.

And I have no clue what your talking about an app for desktop I never mentioned a app for desktop so I don't know what you mean.

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
You did talk about a desktop app or at least implied it by saying you installed Facebook on your laptop. In "computer-speak" if you just used Facebook in a browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera) them you didn't install it.
Pardon me so very much for miss spoken words for pete sake...
If you can't get to Facebook on wifi hit you can when on a cellular signal then something in your router's config is blocking it.
And this is what I've been trying to say all along is that something is wrong and its not my phone its not my router it nothing on my end its something with facebook now...its something when I "deleted it" and thats what I'm calling it...everything works fine on my laptop and I even when up on my desktop to see if maybe it was my laptop and it wasn't its facebook...my desktop computer worked fine...laptop fine...phone fine...everything worked fine but my facebook...and I don't know how to fix this...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal