Gifting apps

mustangboy88

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I want to gift a couple apps to my mom, but am not familiar with the process. I remember seeing the gifting option before the new App Store on my iPhone, but now it's not there or I am missing something. So I see its still possible in iTunes on my PC, but I only see people only able to redeem through the iTunes software when I search the web. Her phone is her PC, so is it still this way? Thanks.

mustangboy88

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Minimum purchase of iTunes Gift Card on the Apple Store app is $25. I live in AZ and she is in Michigan. Although the gift card is a novel idea, at this point it overkill for the type of user she is.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I wish there was a option to just purchase the app for somebody and be able to send it to them like you can do on blackberry's app world. Hopefully we can get a feature like that soon.

Tapatalking

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I have gifted an app and even songs in iTunes. I paid for it and entered their email address. It sends them a link to download.

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I have never tried it from my phone, so I am not sure. I just did some searching and this feature is no longer available in iOS 6. If you are running iOS 5 you can gift from your iPhone.

mustangboy88

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
That is my main concern at this point. They don't use a PC as they live in a very rural area. So if they need to use iTunes to download the app I gift then it won't work. I was hoping someone has already tried this before. Thanks guys. I am sure someone will pop in with an experience.

mustangboy88

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I think it was a step backwards to remove the gifting part from the App Store. Now I have to go to the clunky iTunes software to do a rather quick task.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73