Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Update: while I love Fantastical and also Week Cal...I broke down and picked up miCal today. Love the layout and many views, weather incorporated on dashboard is a great plus and I'm trying out the tasks addon feature (free for a week) and its really doing what I had wanted as far as tasks on my calendar screen!

I will probably switch between this and Fantastical periodically, but for now with my work needs atm, miCal is a keeper!

That's the beauty of choice, my friend...:)...It provides you with greater chances to find what best suits the individual. Enjoy your new app, my friend. :D

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have both mical and calendars by readdle? I am not sure why I am obsessed with calendar apps lol. I have the readdle app and like it. Also love fantastical for input.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have both mical and calendars by readdle? I am not sure why I am obsessed with calendar apps lol. I have the readdle app and like it. Also love fantastical for input.

I'm like that too - same with weather. Provably because no app has all features. If they did there's no competition but sure would mean less clutter on the home screen ;)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
calendar and weather apps are definitely my weaknesses!!
same here! After reading your post about miCal on this thread yesterday, I purchased it for myself today too:)

So far I like it - its a very nice lay out and not too overwhelming.

(on a side note, i dwld'd Solar weather app yesterday - its a very nice clean minimal style layout:) )

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Readdle is more pricey and I like the features in miCal better. I did my own trials and research before deciding...of course with this addiction to productivity apps, I may have it down the road! lol

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Readdle is more pricey and I like the features in miCal better. I did my own trials and research before deciding...of course with this addiction to productivity apps, I may have it down the road! lol

It is pricier. I got it when it was on sale. Don't know if it's worth full price. What does mical do that readdle doesn't?

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
It is pricier. I got it when it was on sale. Don't know if it's worth full price. What does mical do that readdle doesn't?

Very similar views (day/week/month) but I do like miCal's dashboard view (daily, tasks, weather) ability to turn tasks into appts and vice versa...and really all the calendars do the 'same thing' but it's all in aesthetics and what we each prefer to look at numerous times as we access our calendar! ;)

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Very similar views (day/week/month) but I do like miCal's dashboard view (daily, tasks, weather) ability to turn tasks into appts and vice versa...and really all the calendars do the 'same thing' but it's all in aesthetics and what we each prefer to look at numerous times as we access our calendar! ;)

Very true. I like the layout of readdle. It seems they are similar.