Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 70 of 70
Like Tree13Likes
  1. #51  
    Alli's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    11,051 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

    Default Re: Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    Quote Originally Posted by phreddyl View Post
    Do you have readdle and mical by chance?
    I have Readdle. I looked at MiCal after all the talk about it, but I think I still have more options with Informant.

    I never really liked Readdle.
  2. #52  
    robertk328's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    747 Posts
    Global Posts
    817 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    I have Readdle Calendars and Fantastical and like both for their own reasons. Haven't bought miCal but looks good
    robert
    iPhone 6 64GB White/Silver (VZW)
    iPhone 5 32GB Black/Slate (VZW)
    iPhone 4 16GB (AT&T)
    iPhone 8GB (AT&T)
    iPad Mini 32GB (WiFi)
    iPad 2 3G 32GB (AT&T)
    Quickly sync files between your desktop and iPhone with DropBox
    Keep passwords secure with Lastpass
    Follow me on twitter | Follow me on instagram
  3. #53  
    phreddyl's Avatar

    Posts
    3,509 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,934 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    I like the layout of readdle. The mical looks similar. Was wondering if its just more of the same.
  4. #54  
    seashell93's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,614 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 :)

    Default Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    Readdle is more pricey and I like the features in miCal better. I did my own trials and research before deciding...of course with this addiction to productivity apps, I may have it down the road! lol
    "Sometimes its not the song that makes you emotional. It's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it."
  5. #55  
    phreddyl's Avatar

    Posts
    3,509 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,934 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    Quote Originally Posted by seashell93 View Post
    Readdle is more pricey and I like the features in miCal better. I did my own trials and research before deciding...of course with this addiction to productivity apps, I may have it down the road! lol
    It is pricier. I got it when it was on sale. Don't know if it's worth full price. What does mical do that readdle doesn't?
  6. #56  
    seashell93's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,614 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 :)

    Default Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    Quote Originally Posted by phreddyl View Post
    It is pricier. I got it when it was on sale. Don't know if it's worth full price. What does mical do that readdle doesn't?
    Very similar views (day/week/month) but I do like miCal's dashboard view (daily, tasks, weather) ability to turn tasks into appts and vice versa...and really all the calendars do the 'same thing' but it's all in aesthetics and what we each prefer to look at numerous times as we access our calendar!
    "Sometimes its not the song that makes you emotional. It's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it."
    Thanked by:
    phreddyl (01-06-2013)
  7. #57  
    phreddyl's Avatar

    Posts
    3,509 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,934 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    Quote Originally Posted by seashell93 View Post
    Very similar views (day/week/month) but I do like miCal's dashboard view (daily, tasks, weather) ability to turn tasks into appts and vice versa...and really all the calendars do the 'same thing' but it's all in aesthetics and what we each prefer to look at numerous times as we access our calendar!
    Very true. I like the layout of readdle. It seems they are similar.
  8. #58  
    seashell93's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,614 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 :)

    Default Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    Quote Originally Posted by phreddyl View Post
    Very true. I like the layout of readdle. It seems they are similar.
    And I'm sure if it goes on sale or *cough cough* free app of the day, I'll scoop it up just because!!!
    "Sometimes its not the song that makes you emotional. It's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it."
  9. #59  
    phreddyl's Avatar

    Posts
    3,509 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,934 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    Quote Originally Posted by seashell93 View Post
    And I'm sure if it goes on sale or *cough cough* free app of the day, I'll scoop it up just because!!!
    That would be great!
  10. #60  
    robertk328's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    747 Posts
    Global Posts
    817 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    Quote Originally Posted by seashell93 View Post
    ...and really all the calendars do the 'same thing' but it's all in aesthetics and what we each prefer to look at numerous times as we access our calendar!
    That's why I can't get into Week Calendar...
    robert
    iPhone 6 64GB White/Silver (VZW)
    iPhone 5 32GB Black/Slate (VZW)
    iPhone 4 16GB (AT&T)
    iPhone 8GB (AT&T)
    iPad Mini 32GB (WiFi)
    iPad 2 3G 32GB (AT&T)
    Quickly sync files between your desktop and iPhone with DropBox
    Keep passwords secure with Lastpass
    Follow me on twitter | Follow me on instagram
  11. #61  
    seashell93's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,614 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 :)

    Default Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    That's why I can't get into Week Calendar...
    It did have its perks (also just got a nice update too!) and my daughter enjoys it on her iPod touch so it wasn't a complete waste!
    "Sometimes its not the song that makes you emotional. It's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it."
  12. #62  
    robertk328's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    747 Posts
    Global Posts
    817 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    Quote Originally Posted by seashell93 View Post
    It did have its perks (also just got a nice update too!) and my daughter enjoys it on her iPod touch so it wasn't a complete waste!
    I know people like it - I see it mentioned a bunch. I just don't like the aesthetics of it
    robert
    iPhone 6 64GB White/Silver (VZW)
    iPhone 5 32GB Black/Slate (VZW)
    iPhone 4 16GB (AT&T)
    iPhone 8GB (AT&T)
    iPad Mini 32GB (WiFi)
    iPad 2 3G 32GB (AT&T)
    Quickly sync files between your desktop and iPhone with DropBox
    Keep passwords secure with Lastpass
    Follow me on twitter | Follow me on instagram
  13. #63  
    seashell93's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,614 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 :)

    Default Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    I hear ya...I've installed and deleted it several times! Now I'm back to Fantastical and using 3do for my tasks/reminders!! (The ease of entering info is so quick and easy with both, its what pulled me back in!). Thank goodness for all these great options...I'm sure I'll switch again in the near future!!
    "Sometimes its not the song that makes you emotional. It's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it."
  14. #64  
    ThisisSubu's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

    Default Re: Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    Fantastical is new and on sale. Looks really good - bought it to try.
    Hi

    I've come along rather late to this post
    Since you seem to be an expert how is Fantastical compared to others
    I was recommended fantastical and Week Calender at various points
    Which is the best *according to you*

    TIA
    Regards
    Subu
  15. #65  
    ThisisSubu's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

    Default Re: Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    Quote Originally Posted by seashell93 View Post
    I hear ya...I've installed and deleted it several times! Now I'm back to Fantastical and using 3do for my tasks/reminders!! (The ease of entering info is so quick and easy with both, its what pulled me back in!). Thank goodness for all these great options...I'm sure I'll switch again in the near future!!
    Hi

    I'm reposting this request, just in case you are following only your posts

    I've come along rather late to this post
    Since you seem to be an expert on calendars , Which is the best *according to you*

    TIA
    Regards
    Subu
    EDIT POST REPLY REPLY WITH QUOTE
  16. #66  
    seashell93's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,614 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 :)

    Default Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    Quote Originally Posted by ThisisSubu View Post
    Hi

    I'm reposting this request, just in case you are following only your posts

    I've come along rather late to this post
    Since you seem to be an expert on calendars , Which is the best *according to you*

    TIA
    Regards
    Subu
    EDIT POST REPLY REPLY WITH QUOTE
    I had both Week Calendar and Fantastical...Fantastical for me is the hands down winner! Easy to enter appts 'lunch Wed 2p calendar work' (if you need to specify calendars) and it does the rest, no need to go thru Details etc it puts where it needs to go!! I even switched back to Week Cal (and tried miCal but it was just too many steps to add an appt etc) 'just to see if I was missing out' and nope, few hours later it's back to fantastical!!

    It really is a nicely built app, I don't miss the red badge at all (for day of week or appts), since it works alongside iCal, I have that set for notifications and in notification center. It has worked flawlessly and I don't see changing anytime soon!

    Hope that helps in your decision making!!
    "Sometimes its not the song that makes you emotional. It's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it."
    Thanked by:
    ThisisSubu (01-26-2013)
    ThisisSubu likes this.
  17. #67  
    robertk328's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    747 Posts
    Global Posts
    817 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    Quote Originally Posted by ThisisSubu View Post
    Hi

    I've come along rather late to this post
    Since you seem to be an expert how is Fantastical compared to others
    I was recommended fantastical and Week Calender at various points
    Which is the best *according to you*

    TIA
    Regards
    Subu
    I just don't like the aesthetics of Week Calendar. I much prefer the look of Fantastical for the default list view and entry is really easy. For week and month view I like Readdle's Calendars app.
    robert
    iPhone 6 64GB White/Silver (VZW)
    iPhone 5 32GB Black/Slate (VZW)
    iPhone 4 16GB (AT&T)
    iPhone 8GB (AT&T)
    iPad Mini 32GB (WiFi)
    iPad 2 3G 32GB (AT&T)
    Quickly sync files between your desktop and iPhone with DropBox
    Keep passwords secure with Lastpass
    Follow me on twitter | Follow me on instagram
  18. #68  
    Alli's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    11,051 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

    Default Re: Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    I'm still standing by the newest version of Informant. You can also enter appointments as quickly and easily as any other app, plus it has every other feature you could wish for in a calendar, including integration of iOS Tasks (which I love!).
  19. #69  
    seashell93's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,614 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 :)

    Default Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I'm still standing by the newest version of Informant. You can also enter appointments as quickly and easily as any other app, plus it has every other feature you could wish for in a calendar, including integration of iOS Tasks (which I love!).
    I'd like to try it if it wasn't so darn pricey!!
    "Sometimes its not the song that makes you emotional. It's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it."
  20. #70  
    seashell93's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,614 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 :)

    Default Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    I may go back to PI Go down the road but for now QuickCal has been just super!!!
    "Sometimes its not the song that makes you emotional. It's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it."
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Calendar color question
    By cherryhead25 in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-05-2013, 02:37 PM
  2. iOS email app question
    By zrxoa1 in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-02-2012, 08:46 AM
  3. Calendar App Question
    By Gary86 in forum Original iPad
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-11-2010, 02:56 AM
  4. gmail and google calendar apps?
    By lehresman in forum Google and Gmail
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-30-2008, 03:23 PM
  5. itunes remote app question
    By burnsaa in forum iTunes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-10-2008, 02:32 PM

Posting Permissions