Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 70
Like Tree13Likes
  1. #26  
    ThePinkChameleon's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,329 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,074 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.1.1

    Default Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    No doubt. ... I have it on my initial home screen in lieu of the default Calendar app, but it would look better with a numbered date. Anyway, I'm enjoying the app a lot.
    same here-it's earned the front page on my phone too enjoy away, as I will too! Have a great night


    Pink-a-licious 4S doin' the TapAtalk !!
    iHeartMyPINKalicious5C~iPadAir~MBPretina
    *drink that Kool-Aid, follow my lead. now you're one of us, you're coming with me*
    JustMe'D likes this.
  2. #27  
    Fausty82's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,597 Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

    Default Re: Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    I wish it could display the date on its icon like the default Calendar app can.
    Really, for what I use it for, that is the ONLY deficiency that I see. Perhaps it uses/requires an API that Apple has not made available... but it sure would be nice.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    JustMe'D likes this.
  3. #28  
    ThePinkChameleon's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,329 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,074 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.1.1

    Default Re: Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Fausty82 View Post
    Really, for what I use it for, that is the ONLY deficiency that I see. Perhaps it uses/requires an API that Apple has not made available... but it sure would be nice.
    It must be available because not too long ago, I had WeekCal and that has the option to either have the date badge OR the number of appts for that day on the icon itself showing in the top right circle. SO I wonder if the dev just didn't put it in ??

    I plan on sending a nice email to the dev anyway on how much I like this app (yes, I do corny things like that lol) and within it I'm going to suggest for a future update if they could either have the icon reflect the day like the native cal does, OR have the badge to do so
    iHeartMyPINKalicious5C~iPadAir~MBPretina
    *drink that Kool-Aid, follow my lead. now you're one of us, you're coming with me*
  4. #29  
    robertk328's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    434 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    I don't want the date as a badge, I'd much prefer the icon changed. For a badge I like how Calendars shows how many appointments and/or tasks (though the badge only updates when you open the app which is not good)
    robert
    iPhone 5 32GB (VZW)
    iPad Mini 32GB (WiFi)
    iPad 2 3G 32GB (AT&T)
    Quickly sync files between your desktop and iPhone with DropBox
    Keep passwords secure with Lastpass
  5. #30  
    ridiculocity's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    279 Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1.1 / 6

    Default Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    Fantastical is awesome!!!
    Check out my band DreadCircus - http://www.jadestarr.com.au
    iPhone 5 64GB / iPad mini 16GB / iPad 2 64GB / Apple TV / MacBook Pro
    Team Jailbreak!!!
    JustMe'D likes this.
  6. #31  
    Fausty82's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,597 Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

    Default Re: Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    It must be available because not too long ago, I had WeekCal and that has the option to either have the date badge OR the number of appts for that day on the icon itself showing in the top right circle. SO I wonder if the dev just didn't put it in ??

    I plan on sending a nice email to the dev anyway on how much I like this app (yes, I do corny things like that lol) and within it I'm going to suggest for a future update if they could either have the icon reflect the day like the native cal does, OR have the badge to do so
    It’s not the same thing... it uses the badging process to put the date in the badge bubble... but I’d prefer the date to appear large like on the Apple calendar app.

    It would be great to have it configurable. The OS X version has the date on the toolbar icon but you can configure it to show DATE only; DATE and MONTH or DATE and DAY.

    Maybe I’ll email them, as well.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
  7. #32  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    19,326 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,555 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Fausty82 View Post
    Really, for what I use it for, that is the ONLY deficiency that I see. Perhaps it uses/requires an API that Apple has not made available... but it sure would be nice.
    You may be right about the API requirement, my friend. Still, it's a very good app either way...
  8. #33  
    Fausty82's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,597 Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

    Default Re: Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    You may be right about the API requirement, my friend. Still, it's a very good app either way...
    I just got a twitter response from Flexbits confirming that it’s a protected API issue. That’s the reason WeekCal had to use the badge API to put the date on their icon. IMHO, that just looks cheesy.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    Thanked by:
    JustMe'D (11-29-2012), ThePinkChameleon (11-30-2012)
  9. #34  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    19,326 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,555 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Fausty82 View Post
    I just got a twitter response from Flexbits confirming that its a protected API issue. Thats the reason WeekCal had to use the badge API to put the date on their icon. IMHO, that just looks cheesy.
    Well that explains it. Thank you for the update, Fausty82. It is appreciated ..
  10. #35  
    seashell93's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,614 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 :)

    Default Re: Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    I too am enjoying Fantastical!! Its quick and so far extremely accurate when typing in what normally takes a few separate clicks to setup. I loved Week Cal, but this has now replaced it!!

    I read yesterday too, that this app has surpassed Angry Birds Star Wars in the number of downloads first few days!!!
    "Sometimes its not the song that makes you emotional. It's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it."
  11. #36  
    robertk328's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    434 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default Re: Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    I don't understand the fascination with Week Cal... I think it's hideous, and much prefer Calendars look and feel.
    One thing I read in the comments about Fantastical here in the review on iMore is that Fantastical doesn't have its own notifications but rather uses the native cal. This is a bit of a letdown to replace the built-in calendar (much like was mentioned above). I have my native cal notifications disabled because Calendars has its own. Thought maybe this would replace that but guess I'll continue to need both until notifications are enabled for Fantastical. If I get a notification, I'd like it to go to Fantastical if that's what I'm using, rather than the native calendar.
    robert
    iPhone 5 32GB (VZW)
    iPad Mini 32GB (WiFi)
    iPad 2 3G 32GB (AT&T)
    Quickly sync files between your desktop and iPhone with DropBox
    Keep passwords secure with Lastpass
  12. #37  
    seashell93's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,614 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 :)

    Default Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    I don't understand the fascination with Week Cal... I think it's hideous, and much prefer Calendars look and feel.
    One thing I read in the comments about Fantastical here in the review on iMore is that Fantastical doesn't have its own notifications but rather uses the native cal. This is a bit of a letdown to replace the built-in calendar (much like was mentioned above). I have my native cal notifications disabled because Calendars has its own. Thought maybe this would replace that but guess I'll continue to need both until notifications are enabled for Fantastical. If I get a notification, I'd like it to go to Fantastical if that's what I'm using, rather than the native calendar.
    I use my calendar so much during the day, that not having notifications doesn't bother me. I view it several times and have a good feel for my day.

    Color coding on Week Cal made it 'more fun' to look at and the agenda view was a huge bonus for me.

    Now with Fantastical, I love the week view and ease of switching to the month view. The color scheme is great and it's ease of entering appts, speed and overall display have made this app replace Week Cal on my homescreen! . And it's nice to have an app on my homescreen now without a red badge! lol
    "Sometimes its not the song that makes you emotional. It's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it."
  13. #38  
    robertk328's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    434 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    Yeah no red badge is probably good. Calendars doesn't update unless you open it anyway.
    robert
    iPhone 5 32GB (VZW)
    iPad Mini 32GB (WiFi)
    iPad 2 3G 32GB (AT&T)
    Quickly sync files between your desktop and iPhone with DropBox
    Keep passwords secure with Lastpass
  14. #39  
    dbschkn's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    I use NeverLate for mobile scheduling. I use a few calendars (Gmail, Exchange) for different categories of events and I like that NeverLate integrates all of them. My favorite feature is that contacts relevant for the event don't have to be in my addressbook. They can also be on LinkedIn or in the notes of the event. NeverLate recognizes names and searches for contact data in all available sources. Another big advantage is that I can use my terms for locations. For instance I have shortcuts for every location I visit frequently. After using NeverLate for a few weeks it had learned almost all of these locations and associated them with the terms I use for them. This saves me a lot of time when entering the event details into my calendar. It's a small company and the product is fairly new. Every week they keep adding functionality. I give them feedback once in a while to make sure, my requirements are met.
  15. #40  
    seashell93's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,614 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 :)

    Default Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    Update: while I love Fantastical and also Week Cal...I broke down and picked up miCal today. Love the layout and many views, weather incorporated on dashboard is a great plus and I'm trying out the tasks addon feature (free for a week) and its really doing what I had wanted as far as tasks on my calendar screen!

    I will probably switch between this and Fantastical periodically, but for now with my work needs atm, miCal is a keeper!
    "Sometimes its not the song that makes you emotional. It's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it."
  16. #41  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    19,326 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,555 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    Quote Originally Posted by seashell93 View Post
    Update: while I love Fantastical and also Week Cal...I broke down and picked up miCal today. Love the layout and many views, weather incorporated on dashboard is a great plus and I'm trying out the tasks addon feature (free for a week) and its really doing what I had wanted as far as tasks on my calendar screen!

    I will probably switch between this and Fantastical periodically, but for now with my work needs atm, miCal is a keeper!
    That's the beauty of choice, my friend......It provides you with greater chances to find what best suits the individual. Enjoy your new app, my friend.
  17. #42  
    seashell93's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,614 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 :)

    Default Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    That's the beauty of choice, my friend......It provides you with greater chances to find what best suits the individual. Enjoy your new app, my friend.
    Thanks D! I do love options!
    "Sometimes its not the song that makes you emotional. It's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it."
  18. #43  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    19,326 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,555 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    Quote Originally Posted by seashell93 View Post
    Thanks D! I do love options!
    You're very welcome. Enjoy the rest of your evening...
  19. #44  
    phreddyl's Avatar

    Posts
    2,222 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,633 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    Does anyone have both mical and calendars by readdle? I am not sure why I am obsessed with calendar apps lol. I have the readdle app and like it. Also love fantastical for input.
  20. #45  
    robertk328's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    434 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    Quote Originally Posted by phreddyl View Post
    Does anyone have both mical and calendars by readdle? I am not sure why I am obsessed with calendar apps lol. I have the readdle app and like it. Also love fantastical for input.
    I'm like that too - same with weather. Provably because no app has all features. If they did there's no competition but sure would mean less clutter on the home screen
    robert
    iPhone 5 32GB (VZW)
    iPad Mini 32GB (WiFi)
    iPad 2 3G 32GB (AT&T)
    Quickly sync files between your desktop and iPhone with DropBox
    Keep passwords secure with Lastpass
  21. #46  
    phreddyl's Avatar

    Posts
    2,222 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,633 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    I'm like that too - same with weather. Provably because no app has all features. If they did there's no competition but sure would mean less clutter on the home screen
    Lol don't get me started on weather apps.
  22. #47  
    seashell93's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,614 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 :)

    Default Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    calendar and weather apps are definitely my weaknesses!!
    "Sometimes its not the song that makes you emotional. It's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it."
  23. #48  
    Alli's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    11,055 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

    Default Re: Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    Hi, my name's Alli, and I have a calendar addiction.
    phreddyl and JustMe'D like this.
  24. #49  
    phreddyl's Avatar

    Posts
    2,222 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,633 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Hi, my name's Alli, and I have a calendar addiction.
    Do you have readdle and mical by chance?
  25. #50  
    ThePinkChameleon's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,329 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,074 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.1.1

    Default Re: Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

    Quote Originally Posted by seashell93 View Post
    calendar and weather apps are definitely my weaknesses!!
    same here! After reading your post about miCal on this thread yesterday, I purchased it for myself today too

    So far I like it - its a very nice lay out and not too overwhelming.


    (on a side note, i dwld'd Solar weather app yesterday - its a very nice clean minimal style layout )
    iHeartMyPINKalicious5C~iPadAir~MBPretina
    *drink that Kool-Aid, follow my lead. now you're one of us, you're coming with me*
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Calendar color question
    By cherryhead25 in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-05-2013, 01:37 PM
  2. iOS email app question
    By zrxoa1 in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-02-2012, 07:46 AM
  3. Calendar App Question
    By Gary86 in forum Original iPad
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-11-2010, 01:56 AM
  4. gmail and google calendar apps?
    By lehresman in forum Google and Gmail
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-30-2008, 02:23 PM
  5. itunes remote app question
    By burnsaa in forum iTunes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-10-2008, 01:32 PM

Posting Permissions