Specific Replacement iOS Calendar App Question

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

A buddy of mine is looking for a replacement calendar app for his iPhone. Currently he is using Google Exchange through the native Calendar app on iOS. The problem with this is that it can only pull one calendar, not his business and personal calendars. He's looking for a replacement app that can:

Sync directly to Google Calendar (not sync through iOS)
Allow for multiple calendars (personal and business)
Simple to add events and alarms

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
My fave calendar is Week Cal (Week Calendar). I have gmail for both personal and work and it syncs everything just fine. Tons of view options with it, color coding etc and red badge shows day of week or number of events that day...worth a look! Hope that helps!

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, Seashell! I am going to pass that recommendation along. Would you mind posting an iTunes links so I can send the right app haha!

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, Seashell! I am going to pass that recommendation along. Would you mind posting an iTunes links so I can send the right app haha!

Anytime! Looks like Pink already helped out with that (thanks Pink!). Hopefully your friend will find it as useful as I do!

Enjoy your day :)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
You can pull more than one calendar with the native app. Go to m.google.com/sync on the phone and choose the calendars you want to sync.

If you really want a separate app I prefer Calendars (by Readdle) over Week Calendar.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
what did you pick?

Sorry man, I thought I replied to this topic. I passed along the suggestions to my buddy but I don't think he selected on. Not sure he will now - he's starting to look at Android. I think he's going to be sorry, but that's just me. I am head over heels in love with my i5. I might pick up one of these replacement calendars - especially since they are on sale!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Sorry man, I thought I replied to this topic. I passed along the suggestions to my buddy but I don't think he selected on. Not sure he will now - he's starting to look at Android. I think he's going to be sorry, but that's just me. I am head over heels in love with my i5. I might pick up one of these replacement calendars - especially since they are on sale!

Looks like Calendars is still on sale through today but their "48 hours" isn't that clear. :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Fantastical is new and on sale. Looks really good - bought it to try. :)

You're right. It looks awesome and thus far, works really well, but, to me, it's not a calendar replacement but more of a better assistant to the Calendar app. I hope that made sense.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Fantastical is new and on sale. Looks really good - bought it to try. :)

I bought it first thing this morning also after reading about it n Flipboard!:D I love it! You go in, type what you want and it sets everything!! The only thing you have to do is go back in to set an alert at the time if you need one, other than that, simply typing in "meeting at 10am every day" will set that up and repeat the appt. without going through more steps in the native cal.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I bought it first thing this morning also after reading about it n Flipboard!:D I love it! You go in, type what you want and it sets everything!! The only thing you have to do is go back in to set an alert at the time if you need one, other than that, simply typing in "meeting at 10am every day" will set that up and repeat the appt. without going through more steps in the native cal.

I could not agree more. Been using the OS X version of Fantastical for a while now and love it. The iOS version is smoother than a newborn baby's butt.

Have you tried scheduling an appointment with the dictation option? It's awesome… uses real language, too.

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I could not agree more. Been housing the OS X version of Fantastical for a while now and love it. The iOS version is smoother than a newborn baby's butt.

Have you tried scheduling an appointment with the dictation option? It's awesome… uses real language, too.
It is a very slick UI indeed for the iPhone. If in the future I ever get a Mac you can bet that smooth newborn baby's butt I'll have it on there as well:D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711