Flipboard vs. Pulse vs. Feedly...

iCollin

Banned
Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm going with flipboard.. Maybe Feedly second... What do you think? Post one you think is better than all three of these if you use it.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I use Newsify for news. Flipboard is probably the single most overrated app in history. I think people like it because of the page turning graphics. As a news aggregator, something like a straight Google Reader app like Newsify is the best way to go.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I personally favor Flipboard also. I've used Pulse as well, but I prefer the layout of Flipboard more. I just really love the set up, including the way the pages "flip" as you turn them:D

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I personally favor Flipboard also. I've used Pulse as well, but I prefer the layout of Flipboard more. I just really love the set up, including the way the pages "flip" as you turn them:D

I've used all three and personally, I would rank them as follows:

1. Flipboard
2. Feedly
3. Pulse

I could never get into Pulse because its interface was too busy for my liking. I really like Feedly and used it before Flipboard came on the scene. Of course, Flipboard is more elegant. Still, my go-to RSS/Google Reader is Feeddler Pro. On my iPhone, I'm currently re-testing the Reeder app to see if it will finally appeal to me.

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I like Flipboard...easy to read, the integration of Twitter and LinkedIn makes it an 'everything in one place' great app for me! Pulse was too busy...and integration of apps is not ready yet.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I use both Flipboard and Pulse. I switch back and forth. I like the layout of Flipboard, but feel I get better news feeds on Pulse. Really since they are free there is nothing bad about using them all :)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I've used all three and personally, I would rank them as follows:

1. Flipboard
2. Feedly
3. Pulse

I could never get into Pulse because its interface was too busy for my liking. I really like Feedly and used it before Flipboard came on the scene. Of course, Flipboard is more elegant. Still, my go-to RSS/Google Reader is Feeddler Pro. On my iPhone, I'm currently re-testing the Reeder app to see if it will finally appeal to me.

I like Flipboard...easy to read, the integration of Twitter and LinkedIn makes it an 'everything in one place' great app for me! Pulse was too busy...and integration of apps is not ready yet.

I agree with you both as far as the UI in Pulse being 'busy' Thats another reason why i favor Flipboard. It just looks smoother, cleaner.

I've never tried "Feedly" but i'll have to give that one a look now D :)

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Is Google Currents on iOS? I used to use it on my Nexus and it was really cool. I use flipboard now because I like the layout.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I use pulse and flipboard. Both apps are great but I use pulse for my RSS feeds and use flipboard just to check out random articles and feeds.

Tapatalking

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I actually really like pulse.

There is nothing wrong with that, my friend. Pulse has a large user base and it is fast, but it doesn't appeal to everyone. No app does. So you continue enjoying Pulse and have a great evening....:)

brunok8

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Google Currents: It integrates with my Google Reader and the aggregation really works.

Flipboard is sexy - but for me, the "sexy" part of it stands in the way between me and productivity.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Google Currents: It integrates with my Google Reader and the aggregation really works.

Flipboard is sexy - but for me, the "sexy" part of it stands in the way between me and productivity.

In regard to Flipboard, I agree. It is a gorgeously made app and it does give you that magazine feel and it's very nicely done, however, after a while, it took away from my reading. The flipping became a chore and I realized that I preferred a no nonsense RSS reader and no matter what app I experiment with, I always return to Feeddler Pro.

Last edited:

brunok8

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
In regard to Flipboard, I agree. It is a gorgeously made app and it does give you that magazine feel and it's very nicely done, however, after a while, it took away from my reading. The flipping became a chore and I realized that I preferred a no nonsense RSS reader and no matter what app I experiment with, I always return to a Feeddler Pro.
Gonna try this Feeddler Pro (also, I liked the pun with Fiddler)

ClintonWu

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

If you're looking for something that's sexy but encourages you to more productively consume content checkout Skim.Me (Skim.Me). It's not for everyone. Flipboard, Pulse, Feedly, Zite, Currents, Editions, Summly, Prismatic, Wavii, Circa and others are luxurious experiences for some people that browse through a few interest topics or sources. Where they fall short is making me actually feel caught up. They are time-wasters for me.

The mission at Skim is to help you keep up digitally in a less addictive and less overwhelming way. Our experience encourages users to have a few full info meals with us per day rather than constantly compulsively snacking. Users who care about productivity but could use some outside discipline can tell Skim how much time they have to browse while we show you only what content you haven't seen before (not infinite scroll). We'll also keep count of how many times you visit and discourage you from visiting us too often. Computer web first, tablet/smartphone soon. Hope some of you can check us out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73