They really are improving maps

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I've submitted a BUNCH of errors and all are fixed but one. Also, they are improving the picture on the maps and 3D buildings. Hawaii really didn't have good support at launch but improving daily.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351401528.754916.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possession

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
My experience has been the opposite. I have submitted many mistakes, such as them calling a Tesco Express Garage, BP, which it was years ago. Now, it simply has changed to another wrong name. Plus I have reported many missing POIs that have yet to be added, not even schools are listed.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I cut Apple quite a bit of slack when it comes to maps. It's not an easy thing to cover the whole world.

Some mistakes, like missing POI, are annoying but aren't vitally important. I'm still waiting for them to attach my city's label to the actual city - right now it floating in the middle of nowhere 50 miles from the actual location...

mellimel2212

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Lol how did Google do it with not just maps but Google EARTH lol

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Retconaddict

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I cut Apple quite a bit of slack when it comes to maps. It's not an easy thing to cover the whole world.

Some mistakes, like missing POI, are annoying but aren't vitally important. I'm still waiting for them to attach my city's label to the actual city - right now it floating in the middle of nowhere 50 miles from the actual location...

I agree, it's not easy. So they shouldn't have released it before it was finished.

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Lol how did Google do it with not just maps but Google EARTH lol

Google has been doing maps/GE for a long time. Apple has literally just started. It will get better and hopefully Google releases an app soon.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I've submitted a BUNCH of errors and all are fixed but one. Also, they are improving the picture on the maps and 3D buildings. Hawaii really didn't have good support at launch but improving daily.
View attachment 21742

I predicted that if everyone would just give the new Apple Maps App a chance in a thread I started some time ago and reported bugs instead of spending time griping about it, They would improve it as theyu poured through all of the info they receive from people like us.

They have no other way to know these mistakes unless we report them tothem and then it is a daughting task to go through and verify the info and write the changes. I happen to think they are doing a great job considering what has to be done.

All I can say is everyone keep reporting the errors you find and eventually things will get fixed. Keep up the good work Apple and the actual users who are making their voice heard through the App Reporting Link in the App.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
All I can say is everyone keep reporting the errors you find and eventually things will get fixed. Keep up the good work Apple and the actual users who are making their voice heard through the App Reporting Link in the App.
This same thing has been the way things have worked in the stand alone GPSr world as well... report problems to Garmin, TomTom, Navteq, etc... and eventually, things get fixed. Nobody ever made a big deal over map issues with Garmin, TomTom, Navteq, et al while raking Aplle over the coals.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
This same thing has been the way things have worked in the stand alone GPSr world as well... report problems to Garmin, TomTom, Navteq, etc... and eventually, things get fixed. Nobody ever made a big deal over map issues with Garmin, TomTom, Navteq, et al while raking Aplle over the coals.

I agree with you kch but it is always the ones the yell the loudest that are the ones that do nothing to resolve or help to resolve the problem. You can always be a part of the solution or have nothing to do with helping to correct what one is griping about. The approach Apple has taken even to create a catagory in iTunes suggesting to people what other mapping apps you can use until their own NEW native app is to everyones satisfaction...Who else does that? I am happy with Apples approach to this situation and choose to be part of the solution.

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Google has been doing maps/GE for a long time. Apple has literally just started. It will get better and hopefully Google releases an app soon.

We all need to be informed that google ha already submitted an app. They submitted last month but apple ahead yet to approve it for unknown reasons...

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
We all need to be informed that google ha already submitted an app. They submitted last month but apple ahead yet to approve it for unknown reasons...

That was proven to be a rumor, and now the earliest you should hope to see an app from Google is the end of the year. Having said that I wouldn't count on it being any more than a wrapper for the mobile site. They have proven time and time again they are unable to write a decent app for iOS.

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
That was proven to be a rumor, and now the earliest you should hope to see an app from Google is the end of the year. Having said that I wouldn't count on it being any more than a wrapper for the mobile site. They have proven time and time again they are unable to write a decent app for iOS.

Exactly. Why can't they just place the navigation from Androids and gear it for iOS?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. Why can't they just place the navigation from Androids and gear it for iOS?

Google would never give something like Maps to the competition.

Frankly, I do not see why everyone is so (bleep) enamored with Google Maps anyway... they've always sucked on iOS... any number of 3rd party apps have always been better...

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site

Frankly, I do not see why everyone is so (bleep) enamored with Google Maps anyway... they've always sucked on iOS... any number of 3rd party apps have always been better...

I was just curious. I used an Android for 2 months before almost killing myself (joke) and liked the navigation.

mellimel2212

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I saw the apple maps on my girlfriends cuz ip5 and ewww lol naw no thank u i appreciate Google maps even more then I did before and he is right it always did suck on iOS the best iOS app I saw was TomTom imo

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I was just curious. I used an Android for 2 months before almost killing myself (joke) and liked the navigation.
The Maps that Google put on Android are nothing like what they ever were on iOS. The iOS6 stock Maps app is not bad for their first go - and it will only get better. I prefer Navigon.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site

Google maps interface on iphone was just ok but their data is really good, the lack of navigation and improvements over the years was really dissappointing and that's also why I'm overall happier with Apple Maps..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice