Purchased books on iCloud not showing up on bookshelf

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Am missing something? My purchased books (not the ones downloaded on my phone) aren't showing up in the bookshelf on iBooks 3. Is anyone else experiencing this or is there something I need to set up. On the iBooks setting the "show purchased books on the cloud" tab is set to on. It is greatly appreciated if anyone has any tips. Thanks.

vassago

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
All my purchased books show up on my iPad but on my iPhone 5 the Purchased Books section is completely empty. I even tried a delete/re-install of the app but it didn't work. To add insult to injury, I installed the iBooks app on my wife's iPhone 4S and her Purchased Books section populated just fine. We share the same Apple ID. Frustrating.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there any chance you guys are using an iPhone 5? I find it strange that it's not working on my 5 yet installing it on my wife's 4S worked perfect.

vassago

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I checked the iBooks forums on apple.com and there's quite a few people complaining of the same issue. However I did notice that most of them have it working on their iPhone and it's blank on their iPad, which is exactly the opposite of what's happening to me. I guess we can expect iBooks 3.1 pretty soon!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok, silly question for you guys BUT just in case :) on your iPad, go to general, and scroll down on the menu where it says iBooks, tap into the menu and make sure "show all purchases" is ON. By default it's off. I have the 1st gen iPad 5.1.1 and even right under the switch it says for ios6 devices only.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Works on my iPad not on iPhone 5 ... I'm even looked under the sorting under purchased ... But if I go to book store all purchased shows up strange

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Works on my iPad not on iPhone 5 ... I'm even looked under the sorting under purchased ... But if I go to book store all purchased shows up strange

Same exact thing here, except no iPad. It does work on my wife's iPhone 4 with ios 6, and a different iCloud and iTunes account.

keswickjim

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I figured it out on my iPad. For me when I went into settings, for some reason iMatch and auto downloads were off. When I changed the setting to all on..........poof all iBook purchases were there. I hope this works for others.

Cheers,

Jim

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I figured it out on my iPad. For me when I went into settings, for some reason iMatch and auto downloads were off. When I changed the setting to all on..........poof all iBook purchases were there. I hope this works for others.

Cheers,

Jim

That did not work for me. What did work, however is I logged out of iTunes and logged back in. I opened up iBooks and viola! The purchased books were on my bookshelf.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
That did not work for me. What did work, however is I logged out of iTunes and logged back in. I opened up iBooks and viola! The purchased books were on my bookshelf.

Good call it worked on my phone ...books shows my downloads ones and purchased shows them all

vassago

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE

I found people on the Apple iBooks forums complaining of the same thing. One guy did a "restore all settings" and it fixed it for him so a few of us tried it and it worked for all of us. After doing a "restore all settings" on my iPhone 5 I fired up iBooks and the Purchased Books section populated just like it did on my iPad. Restore all settings is pretty easy. Only a few settings have to be put back to the way they were and it's MUCH easier than a complete restore.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2