Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Massie
  • 1 Post By TMarley
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    370 Global Posts

Default Manage multiple facebook accounts?

So, I have my personal and my company Facebook accounts. I'd like to be able to mange and update both on the go. I've been looking all night trying to find an app to allow me to do that, but nothing seems to work.

Twitter allows me to do it within the stock app. What's the deal with Facebook??

I'm sure i'm not the only one who has to do this. Anyone have a good solution? Thanks iMore gang for any help!
    iEd
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,888 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Manage multiple facebook accounts?

I would like to be able to do this also. This was possible on the iPad FB app before the update and iOS update. But with the deep integration of FB and iOS I doubt a third party being able to do this would be allowed.
    Stevie Jobs was the illest and-droid is played out like Arnold wondering "What you talking about Willis?"

Global Posts
    5,065 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

I would just use the app for one and the mobile web for the other.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,957 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Is the company Facebook a Page? I manage three separate business pages with Facebook's own Pages app. Works great.

- - - Updated - - -

(And of course if they're Pages—and they should be if they follow fb guidelines—you can also update them right from the regular fb app; just slide your feed to the right and select your Page from the list on the left.)
    thejasonhowell likes this.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    370 Global Posts

It's a completely separate account. I didn't want it tied to my personal site because other employees may have to use it.
    iPhone 5
    Galaxy S3
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,957 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Ah, not sure then. I think that's part of the reason fb wants you to set things up within your own profile. If you did, you could always give other other employees admin rights so they could update the page (they wouldn't have access to your profile, just the page) but it sounds like that ship has sailed.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    370 Global Posts

What happens when you sell the business? Or retire and pass it down to your children?

It just seems to be a massive over site on the part of FB.

/rant
    iPhone 5
    Galaxy S3
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,957 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Not sure I'm following...if you just make someone else the admin (you can have more than one) then they can take over the page.

In fact that could solve your first question—log in to the business page on a computer and make your personal account an admin. Then you'll be able to manage the biz site from within your own account.

iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,248 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I think Hootsuite or Tweetdeck support multiple Facebook accounts. Otherwise, you will have to take this issue up with Facebook.
    iPhone Nanite

I believe Facebook terms of service does not allow you to own a personal Facebook friend account and a work Facebook friend account. You can have multiple pages but not multiple logins. They will disable any they find. So probably no software being written to do that.
    iPhone Nanite

You Can Install a Web Browser app. I Found this app. its made for this purpose only. very useful.

APP Name = Web Lock
    iTune Download Link =https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/web-lock/id597331151?mt=8

Have Fun
    iPhone Nanite

You Can Install a Web Browser app. I Found this app. its made for this purpose only. very useful.

APP Name = Web Lock
    iTune Download Link =https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/web-lock/id597331151?mt=8

Have Fun
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Nophix View Post
    It's a completely separate account. I didn't want it tied to my personal site because other employees may have to use it.
    A FB page is not tied to your personal account... you just can be set as an admin. Any FB user can be set as an Admin. You can then flip-flop between posting as you or the page admin and also use FB's Pages app to go directly to any page you are an admin for.
    iPhone Nanite

Unless I'm missing something obvious, there is a good reason for having a full facebook account for your business (rather than just a page) - there is no way to join a group as a page.

Or do you know different? I'd be happy to be wrong about this!
    iMore Nanite

There is instruction on FB on how to change your profile to a page. Once you have changed your profile to a page, you can give your personal profile the admin rights to your new page and then manage both from one app. WARNING!!! all of your "contacts" become "likes" which is GREAT, however you will lose all of your news feeds and statuses. If you follow the instructions carefully it will prompt you to save your photos which you can then re-post at a later time.
    FB was closing down so many profiles with out warning and people were losing everything so I reluctantly switched mine to a page; now it makes things easier to manage from my phone, so I guess it's not all bad.
    I hope this helps.
    kataran likes this.