Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Karenkcoulter
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default Cannot upload photos via any app, cannot change in privacy settings like everyone says to do either.

Hey there, ever since updating to iOS 6, I cannot upload a photo via any app. It always says "this app does not have access to your photos, you can change this in privacy settings" when I go to "photos" in the privacy settings, it says "apps that have requested access to your photos will appear here" but there's nothing there. It's like it doesn't realise these apps want to have access to photos and stuff. I deleted Facebook and re-installed it, thinking maybe I clicked "don't allow" by mistake when it asked to have access. But I Deffo clicked "allow" when re-installing and no change. It's really annoying me, as I can't even upload photos to Instagram and that's the whole point in Instagram!
    I've googled it a million times and nobody seems to have the same problem, and if they do they seem to have solved it by going to privacy settings.
    I've even went into the seperate apps in privacy settings and again it doesn't seem to realise that the apps even want access to photos.
    Please help!

Shona xxxx
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Default Re: Cannot upload photos via any app, cannot change in privacy settings like everyone says to do eit

Why don't you try to restore as new, install Instagram, and see if it works then?
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: Cannot upload photos via any app, cannot change in privacy settings like everyone says to do eit

Hi Shona. Any luck a yet? I have the same issue - exactly. Dan

Global Posts
    11,882 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Try going to Settings>> General>> Restrictions>> and see if anything is enabled there.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,880 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Try closing the apps in the app switcher and rebooting. You could also try hooking up to iTunes and uncheck Instagram in the app list then sync and reboot. Finally try unsyncing the photos from your iPhone go into the folder where the pictures are on your computer, usually My Pictures or Pictures. Look for and delete the iPod Photo Cache folder and reboot the iPhone. Then hook up to iTunes and sync the pictures back onto your iPhone.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)

Global Posts
    6,974 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

Default Cannot upload photos via any app, cannot change in privacy settings like everyone says to do either.

Do you have location services off? Because photos are geotagged you also have to have location on for an app you want to use photos with.
    Thanked by:
    mbm2013 (05-31-2013)
    mbm2013 likes this.
    iPhone Nanite

I finally fixed mine by going into settings/general/restrictions and then enabling restrictions(have to set a pass code) and then going to photos and allowing them in Facebook. Hope this helps as there is also a setting in their for Instagram as I also have that app. After that I disabled again to save the settings
    iPhone Nanite

Ive got the same problem. I just updated my Viber and now I can't share any photos. I even checked the Viber web page but was unable to find anything useful there. Checked the setting and everything.
    If anyone knows the solution plz let me know ASAP.
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by Noor Fatima View Post
    Ive got the same problem. I just updated my Viber and now I can't share any photos. I even checked the Viber web page but was unable to find anything useful there. Checked the setting and everything.
    If anyone knows the solution plz let me know ASAP.
    try this > close viber app. then go to settings > location services turn it "ON" , then open viber allow location services.. hope it helps
    iPhone Nanite

..i am still using iphone 3gs, I had the same problem, I did these 2 steps and the privacy problem ...is solved,
    1- turnd ON the "location services", you should get a list of apps such as maps, compass,viber.etc
    2- select "viber" and turn ON.
    thanks guys
    iPhone Nanite

Hi, i
    If you like to change the privacy setting you may follow the following instruction :
    Go to the main menu and select setting then select viber by click viber you select to make the key on instead of off it will work
    iPhone Nanite

I had the same problem. But I've just solved. Just go to your application " fb, instagram .. etc" and try to change your profile picture. Then it will ask you somethings like " would you like to allow to access to your photo" . Press allow it and done. Check your setting-> privacy -> photo, your application will appear on the list.
    iPhone Nanite

My phone is doing the same thing. I don't now how to fix it. All the apps in have was me to go onto my privacy and turn it on put I can't do anything. I can't even turn things off I need help. Can u help me
    iPhone Nanite

Thank you SO much for the solution ou posted! I was having this problem with Pinterest and everything I googled said how to engage the app in Privacy -> Photos but not what to do if the app didn't appear in the list. Your answer has saved me a ton of time!
    iMore Nanite

Thanx Boss That was The Problem
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    1 Global Posts

Thanx Boss That was The Problem
    iMore Nanite

#12 Munchar you're a geeeniaz! Instagram solution unlocked all the other apps access to photos. 1000 thanks!