HELP! Need An App for Managing Media Remotely via Internet

rod97301

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I would like to manage my photos, videos and music remotely; I plan on purchasing an external HD for my Airport Extreme. I understand that I can configure that so it can be accessed remotely (and securely) over the internet. My plan is to store my music, photos and videos on the external drive that's connected to the Airport. I'm looking for the best app that would meet this need. It appears that most of the remote filebrowsing apps out there are designed mainly to connect to cloud services like DropBox, Box, etc. I want to avoid paying for these services.

Like most people, iTunes has organized my music into hundreds of folders. My photos and videos are also stored in hundreds of folders several levels deep. Ideally, I'm looking for an apps that allows me to easily see ALL music, or photos or videos without having to dive into each folder. Ideally, it would work a lot like the "photos" app where you can see all photos, or go into specific folders.

I'm also looking to be able to create new folders, move music, videos, photos around just like a normal file browser would do. Also being able to save/edit/export pictures...

Is there anything out there that hits this target? If not, what are the closest apps that do?

I would think this "need" would be fairly common for many people out there. Also would be interested in knowing if there's a particular cloud service that addresses this need to manage media in a user friendly way...

Thank you in advance to your response!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711