This Is What Apple Is Doing About The Complaints On The New Mapping App

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
For everyone who is dissapointed with the new Mapping app in IOS 6 and the haters and doubters please read this article just posted on the front of iMore on the proactive stance that Apple is taking to fix this problem.

I think this is more than many other manufacturers would do and the hope of a great app to come very soon. Good job Apple.

What does everyone else think. Please comment and give your opinions! Thank you.

Apple retail employees reportedly taking to the streets to help fix iOS 6 Maps | iMore.com

Last edited:

Roo Zilla

Dec 17, 2008
Visit site
Re: THis Is What Apple Is Doing About The Complaints On THe New Mapping App

It's a good idea. They really need to get out and fix the more egrarious mistakes. Missing some POIs is not a big deal, but when landmarks are placed in the middle of lakes, that's ugly and it's that kind of thing that's leading to the ridicule.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

I think it's not that bad of an idea. I'll try iOS 6 again once it supposedly gets better

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
THis Is What Apple Is Doing About The Complaints On THe New Mapping App

It's definitely a step in the right direction. Not sure it will help areas not near Apple Stores though. But I applaud their efforts.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

People that are avoiding iOS 6 because of the mapping system are being ridiculous...what are you sticking too? The native map system on iOS 5? lmfao...

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

i'm not really avoiding iOS 6, I already had it and switched back to iOS 5 because I liked it better. Honestly I could care less about the maps. Why change a good thing?

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

Waste of resources. It's so dumb. It's just.. why are they doing all this? It's not worth it.

iOS5 trumps iOS6. Just because it's current doesn't mean it's better.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Waste of resources. It's so dumb. It's just.. why are they doing all this? It's not worth it.

Lol. IOS 5 trumps IOS6......or IOS 5 trumps IOS6 for YOU? You have been all over these forums losing your mind over maps like it is the end of the world. Yet, there are people like myself who don't use apple maps at all. In fact, I never used google maps either. I have been using mapquest along with its turn by turn voice navigation for well over a year now with zero issue. What I do use a lot is facebook. IOS 6 has integrated facebook throughout which for me is a large improvement. So be careful with your blanket statements and claims. Just because you feel a certain way about something doesn't make it the norm....let alone right.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

If you are reading this post and then reading the article link I posted for everyone to make it easy to find, Please come back and post and give your honest opinion be it negative or positive just so others on here can be brought together to lend the thoughts. This is why I posted this so others can help each other. After all if Apple employees are doing this on the back end of a dedicated server to HQ on therir thoughts, We can continue to report problems through the app as well. The more we do on OUR choice of phone to use the faster we will be back praising what Apple and everyone else did to make the best Native Map app on IOS. Thanks again to everyone.

Unchewable

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site

I love the new maps app and like that they are taking a pro-active approach the UI is the best i have seen and the data will be corrected in time. i never used maps previously i do all the time now. someone can send me a screen cap via text or facebook or whatever i hold down the home button siri pops up i say navigate to ... it routes it and i am on my way and i have used it alot since release no problems.

Roo Zilla

Dec 17, 2008
Visit site

I think Apple needs to do what Google did/does. Send out thousands of cars throughout the world to map stuff and make their own "Streetview." It took Google 7 years to get to where they are now, a lot of that came with help came from iOS users. Hopefully, Apple can do it a lot faster.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Lol. IOS 5 trumps IOS6......or IOS 5 trumps IOS6 for YOU? You have been all over these forums losing your mind over maps like it is the end of the world. Yet, there are people like myself who don't use apple maps at all. In fact, I never used google maps either. I have been using mapquest along with its turn by turn voice navigation for well over a year now with zero issue. What I do use a lot is facebook. IOS 6 has integrated facebook throughout which for me is a large improvement. So be careful with your blanket statements and claims. Just because you feel a certain way about something doesn't make it the norm....let alone right.

There are also ways in the forums to get ones thoughts across to another poster without being so harsh on the person.... Please keep one thing in mind, We all our own opinions... Right or wrong but they are ours. A little less harsh towards someone will get your point across much stronger. It is all about .... hmmmm "Words with friends"....LOL ;)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

There are also ways in the forums to get ones thoughts across to another poster without being so harsh on the person.... Please keep one thing in mind, We all our own opinions... Right or wrong but they are ours. A little less harsh towards someone will get your point across much stronger. It is all about .... hmmmm "Words with friends"....LOL ;)

Metrion is a troll, he deserves worse.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

...wheres the "dislike" button when you need one...

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

I apologize for coming off that way. In my times here and in other forums I seldom ever go after a specific person. In this case, I focused on metrion because I have seen he/she continually troll day in and out. And yes, I should have used the ignore user option, and will now. I did not mean to come off in the same manner that has caused me to feel the way that I do.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I'm not sure how I feel about this, its a start though. I stopped using Google Maps when I left Android because the experience on iPhone wasn't up to par and I really haven't even had a chance to test our the new maps in a real situation. I guess its not that big of a deal for me.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I'm not sure how I feel about this, its a start though. I stopped using Google Maps when I left Android because the experience on iPhone wasn't up to par and I really haven't even had a chance to test our the new maps in a real situation. I guess its not that big of a deal for me.

Well at least you admit how you feel about it and the fact that it is noo big deal to you, You don't get caught up in all the hoopla. If you ever get to the point of trying it out and find incorrect data, Simply report it within the app to Apple. Thank you for your reply.