Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sau124
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version
    5.0.1|6.0

Angry Which app that hasn't been updated to fit iphone 5 do you find most annoying

Reddit
    Chase
    Att
    Fruit ninja
    TMZ
    Waze
    Fieldrunners 2
    Steam
    Nike+ gps

Pretty much every app I use on a daily basis.... getting reallyed annoyed by this lol .
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    1,980 Global Posts

Default Which app that hasn't been updated to fit iphone 5 do you find most annoying

Sparrow
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    9,153 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Default Re: Which app that hasn't been updated to fit iphone 5 do you find most annoying

Blame the developers...if they're dragging their feet, what can Apple do? My take is this, the phone has literally been out for about 2 weeks now, I don't expect everyone to drop what they are doing (potential new development and what not) to resize an app that works just fine with black bars on the sides.

Quite frankly, i can't see how someone would become "really annoyed" as you put it, it's such an insignificant thing and the apps still work just fine.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version
    5.0.1|6.0

Default Re: Which app that hasn't been updated to fit iphone 5 do you find most annoying

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    Blame the developers...if they're dragging their feet, what can Apple do? My take is this, the phone has literally been out for about 2 weeks now, I don't expect everyone to drop what they are doing (potential new development and what not) to resize an app that works just fine with black bars on the sides.

Quite frankly, i can't see how someone would become "really annoyed" as you put it, it's such an insignificant thing and the apps still work just fine.
    If you didn't want to participate.. you didn't have to reply. I never blamed apple.

i'm sure lots of people want their apps to be full screen.... annoyed is one thing... Its not like i'm throwing my phone against the wall in a fit of rage because my apps wont go full screen.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,220 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

The only ones that bother me are Spotify and Facebook Pages+, but its really not a huge deal. I just cant understand how big companies like that havent updated their apps yet.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts

Default Which app that hasn't been updated to fit iphone 5 do you find most annoying

Spotify
    Chase
    Words With Friends
    iMore forums app!!
    Apple Store app (for real Apple?)
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    9,153 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Quote Originally Posted by jayfry View Post
    If you didn't want to participate.. you didn't have to reply. I never blamed apple.

i'm sure lots of people want their apps to be full screen.... annoyed is one thing... Its not like i'm throwing my phone against the wall in a fit of rage because my apps wont go full screen.
    I did participate new fish...and i never said you blamed Apple, i just pointed out that the developers were dragging their feet, and that given the thing's only been out 2 weeks, a little patience might go a long way for your stress level (since it was obviously so terrible that you felt the need to start a post and list all your apps you're "really annoyed" with as you put it).
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version
    5.0.1|6.0

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    I did participate new fish...and i never said you blamed Apple, i just pointed out that the developers were dragging their feet, and that given the thing's only been out 2 weeks, a little patience might go a long way for your stress level (since it was obviously so terrible that you felt the need to start a post and list all your apps you're "really annoyed" with as you put it).
    hahaha... yes my stress levels are thru the roof!
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

Good for Enterprise tops the list for me considering the iPhone is supported on the work network dependent on the functionalities of the app.
    mbern1008 likes this.

Global Posts
    4,176 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS8.1b2

Waze
    JeFIt
    MyFitnessPal
    DigiFit
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,086 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Probably YouTube.

I've downloaded Jasmine since then for watching YouTube vids on full screen. Looks awesome!
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

Definitely YouTube! Just got my iphone5 few days ago. And I'm so shocked that the youtube app has no HQ button. Video looks like *** when not connected to WiFi. We're in a LTE era for speed. What is this?! Android has a HQ button for the youtube app.

I'm so surprised that no else is complaining about this. Iphone fans must be very easy to please. I hope and pray the next update for the iphone 5's screen optimization includes a HQ button for when not connected over wifi.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,376 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1.2

Anything Zynga makes, like Words With Friends. No excuse for a major company that can't get it together.
    Gimme a vector, Victor. I'm coming home. Roger, Roger. Huh?
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts

Pocket. It was fixed for a few days but they took the fix down to correct a bug and now it's just irritating.

Edit: about an hour after I wrote this, Pocket released their update.
    Last edited by michikade; 10-09-2012 at 12:36 AM.
    iMore Beginner

Wordfeud!