Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

26 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Default App for keeping photos/videos encrypted?

I've tried a few apps for keeping private photos and videos safe from prying eyes and had settled on the free app private photos and all seemed well. However in the transition between my iphone 4s and iphone 5 I used iFunbox to browse my iphones files and copy save files etc from the old install to the new ( I didn't want to restore from backup this time, I've been doing that for 4 years and want to start relatively fresh this time ). I saw the private photo app in the file structure and wondered if I had access to the files within. Sure enough I was able to save the photos and videos to my pc no problem, totally un-encrypted, therefore anyone who finds my iphone should I be unfortunate enough to lose it could do the same.

So does anyone know of an app that stores private photos in an encrypted form so they can't be accessed so easily?

Thanks in advance.
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default Re: App for keeping photos/videos encrypted?

I tried cryptmypic (cryptmypic.com) and works so fast and it is so user friendly, and also on Android, that I guess it's an app to take into account on this area.
    Right now I see this one as a top-3 in that market, if not the top one