iOS 6.1: What you'd like to see.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
When iOS 5 came out, there were complaints and the same applied to 5.01 & 5.1.1. Now that 6 is out, we are seeing complaints. It is a given that no matter what, some people will run into problems and some won't. Many of the problems are caused by the user. Some people, especially those who upgraded to the iPhone from another platform, get irritated because they can't do what they want to do in the exact same manner they did prior to getting the iPhone. Some people don't pay attention to what they are doing. The list can go on and on. My point is this: with each update, there are going to be complaints as well as success stories. Be thankful that there are many people willing to help rectify whatever problems people may be having and that brings us back yo you. We are here to help you as best as we can so tell us what kind of issues you are currently having.

I don't recall iOS 5 having quite as many issues as 6. I also remember not being as reluctant to download it

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That made indeed be so, but I take it you actually don't have iOS 6 installed on your device(s)? I'm saying that from your last post in which you admit to being "reluctant to download it". If you don't have it installed then do you think it is right for you to post

"How about an iOS that isn't loaded with bugs and actually works across all devices"

when you're only going by issues others have complained of and not necessarily from your own experience with iOS 6?

Last edited:

Lisacj

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Although I know Apple could care less what I think.....I would love to be able to customize my email and iMessages. Fonts, colors, colored balloons!

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Then why did you?

same reasons anyone else did

---------- Post Merged at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:53 PM ----------

That made indeed be so, but I take it you actually don't have iOS 6 installed on your device(s)? I'm saying that from your last post in which you admit to being "reluctant to download it". If you don't have it installed then do you think it is right for you to post

"How about an iOS that isn't loaded with bugs and actually works across all devices"

when you're only going by issues others have complained of and not necessarily from your own experience with iOS 6?

I did have it installed. I reverted back to iOS 5

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
same reasons anyone else did

---------- Post Merged at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:53 PM ----------

I did have it installed. I reverted back to iOS 5

Oh okay. Still, is there anything we can do to assist you in having an efficient user experience with iOS 6?

9thWonder

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
  1. gps, wifi, toggles in the notification center.
  2. stop the crashes when i move app icons, mine crashes when move many apps but especially the passbook app
  3. make the apps store not suck for searching. It's actually shows less info then before and is more of a pain in the ass to search for new apps now. lists may not be eyecandy but you get through more then one app on the screen and the problem wasn't a lack of eye candy it was that the front pages only had the same apps. that hasn't' changed. it needs better tagging and searching and categorizing. I should be able to search and filter, and how come i can't add to or access my wishlist.
  4. editable autocheck dictionary, ability to add words to dictionary when they come up with the red underline
  5. navigation, image needs to be at ground level not three quarters building height. When i'm driving i can't visualize that at a glance.
  6. Navigation. get that stupid giant green sign of the screen, it covers most of the screen and can barely see where the gps line is going.
  7. passport: they'd help themselves it they updated passbook with instructions so people actually understand it. i get it but i didn't originally.

oh navigation/maps traffic identification sucks, and the hybrid version has street names but no street lines, i'd add the lines but that's just me.
Hell i'd have separate maps and nav apps personally but either way navigation needs a ton of features, better menu layouts, that folded page is gimmicky in my opinion. it needs set routes by speed, by avoiding freeways, avoiding toll roads, by shortest distance, etc.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see text wrap, so when I pinch to zoom on an article, that the text reformats to fit the screen without having to scroll side-to-side. This is one Android feature that I miss.

Lordshakti

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
And i wish i cud c live apps like the calender..
N n n..

Ammm..
I want the old look of the dial pad..white looks ugly..

6.1 should add map support for india,turn by turn n buildings both..

Ability to rename apps should be there too..

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
They could do it like they do in OS X 10.8. Same little share sheet like twitter or Facebook.

You can and there is. The quick tweet & facebook feature found in OS X 10.8 is present in iOS 6. If you have share widget enabled & your Twitter & Facebook accounts configured on your device then you can indeed be in, let's say, the calendar app and then decide you want to post a quick tweet, all you have to do is pull down the notification center tab and post a tweet. You will not leave the calendar app.

9thWonder

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Ha, this minor feature is a main reason I jailbreak.

me too. but i'm done jailbreaking, it screws up my updates and made my phone a but crashy sometimes. It was my sole jailbreak app and i can live without but i hope they add that to the notification bar cause i cut wifi on and off pretty often in a day.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox