iOS6 Map crazy screenshots: Post em here!

Stewartj1

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I get a kick out of going on YouTube and seeing all the crazy images on Google maps and Street View. The kid in mid-air as he falls off his bike, the guy running out of the burning house, perplexing, nonsensical geometric patterns in the dessert and so on.

There's no doubt in my mind there's a ton of this stuff in the new map app so please share and maybe write a clever caption to go with your find.

Don't forget to include the imaging fails we've heard about already like the road that goes under the river for example.

No PhotoShop's please.

Lenxbob

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Why don't I see ANY actual photos (distorted or not) on my iPad2 running IOS 6.0? All I see is flat nothingness or flat 2D buildings. I can see loads of 3D detail on GoggleEarth, so what is up? And yes I toggled to 3D switch, but nothing.

UPDATE: Got it. I never noticed the turned bottom right corner that lets you set your view mode - Standard Hybrid Satellite.

Senior moment LOL.

Last edited:

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Wrong turn: Apple's buggy iOS 6 maps - YouTube

This is unreal. Un. Real.

Honestly, this is what I think of when I look at Apple Maps.

2r1zrz6.jpg

cathleya143

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
American Airlines -iOS Universal

ntroducing the travel app that understands who you are and where you?re going. From where you?re departing and from what gate. Where you?ll sit and even where you are on the standby list. Simply swipe and tap your way through your personalized American Airlines travel information with the app that?s perfect for flying through airports.

?- Enter your login & password only once: saving your info allows the app to push your upcoming flight details to your home screen, automatically
?- Set a parking reminder
?- Monitor your place on the standby list
?- Track your Elite Status progress
?- View personal flight details: get your gate, seat and flight status info at a glance
?- Access your mobile boarding pass: the app saves it for you, so it?s always easy to find
?- Use GPS to locate the nearest American Airlines serviced airport
?- View terminal maps
?- Play Sudoku

Plus, access a variety of other tools to help you manage, plan and further enjoy each trip you take on American Airlines:

?- Book Flights
?- Check In for Flights
?- Create Flight Status Notifications
?- Check Flight Status & Schedules
?- Access your AAdvantage? account*
?- Enroll in the AAdvantage? program
- Access Contact Information

We are developing our plans for future functionality to be included in our American Airlines app. Please send us your feedback. We are listening.
What's new

For iOS 6 iPhone users, your American Airlines mobile boarding passes can now be added to the Passbook with this update!

- Additional terminal maps are available (total of 13 airports)
- Various other defects have been fixed

***Mobile Boarding Pass Note- To successfully scan your pass always hold your mobile device still and allow at least two seconds for the bar code to be read. At the gate, hold your mobile device 6 to 8 inches away from the scanner and be sure to hold your phone at the same angle as the gate scanner***

Passbook (iOS app): How will Apple's new mobile wallet Passbook impact other mobile wallets? - Quora

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
W
ntroducing the travel app that understands who you are and where you?re going. From where you?re departing and from what gate. Where you?ll sit and even where you are on the standby list. Simply swipe and tap your way through your personalized American Airlines travel information with the app that?s perfect for flying through airports.

- Enter your login & password only once: saving your info allows the app to push your upcoming flight details to your home screen, automatically
- Set a parking reminder
- Monitor your place on the standby list
- Track your Elite Status progress
- View personal flight details: get your gate, seat and flight status info at a glance
- Access your mobile boarding pass: the app saves it for you, so it?s always easy to find
- Use GPS to locate the nearest American Airlines serviced airport
- View terminal maps
- Play Sudoku

Plus, access a variety of other tools to help you manage, plan and further enjoy each trip you take on American Airlines:

- Book Flights
- Check In for Flights
- Create Flight Status Notifications
- Check Flight Status & Schedules
- Access your AAdvantage? account*
- Enroll in the AAdvantage? program
- Access Contact Information

We are developing our plans for future functionality to be included in our American Airlines app. Please send us your feedback. We are listening.
What's new

For iOS 6 iPhone users, your American Airlines mobile boarding passes can now be added to the Passbook with this update!

- Additional terminal maps are available (total of 13 airports)
- Various other defects have been fixed

***Mobile Boarding Pass Note- To successfully scan your pass always hold your mobile device still and allow at least two seconds for the bar code to be read. At the gate, hold your mobile device 6 to 8 inches away from the scanner and be sure to hold your phone at the same angle as the gate scanner***

Passbook (iOS app): How will Apple's new mobile wallet Passbook impact other mobile wallets? - Quora

Pretty sure that this should be a thread in the Apps Forum.