Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Default Facebook integration not "verifying"

I've just updated to iOS 6 and I am trying to login with my facebook info in the settings and it is stuck on "verifying" not sure if it's supposed to take ten minutes or more to do this...I feel like it's supposed to happen pretty instantly, unless I didn't read something correct. I've already tried deleting the facebook app, restarting, and then trying to log in but to no avail. It is stuck on "verifying". Anyone else have this problem or a solution for me? thanks.
    iPhone Nanite

iOS Version
    iOS 5

I turned my iPod off and back on and it worked for me after that
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Newbie

yeah I've done that...no luck, and the the "Settings" application seems to be freezing in general and becomes unresponsive? am I the only one? working on an iphone 4 here...
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,581 Global Posts

I just updated and my Facebook app just worked, did you have it loaded and working before the update? Did you reboot, not just shut off an on? And check Facebook on a computer to see if it is waiting your verification?
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iPhone Newbie

yes to all of the above. After I updated I just tried it and it keeps freezing on "verifying". I re-downloaded facebook again just now, and I don't see anything about verification on my computer for it. I feel like this should be really simple but it just keeps freezing (the spinng wheel of death) and then you can't slide the screen up or down, I have to force quit settings so I can go back in again. Not sure what the problem is.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,581 Global Posts

Look in facebook on a computer, and see if your phone number is listed under Mobile. If is is try deleting it. try the phone again. Then try re-adding it if the phone doesn't re-add automatically. I don't know but that is what I would try.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iPhone Newbie

I did this, still nothing. I'm going to just do a sync and restart with my computer and see if that helps. Although other stuff is freezing when I go into settings, I've never had to force quit settings before like this. Odd...any other suggestions?
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    iPhone Newbie

Anyone else having this issue still?? Facebook just came out with a new update today too and it is still freezing on "verifying" the account when I try to login in settings. Am I the only one?
    iPhone Nanite

Default i got the exactly same problem

Quote Originally Posted by lbtriguy View Post
    Anyone else having this issue still?? Facebook just came out with a new update today too and it is still freezing on "verifying" the account when I try to login in settings. Am I the only one?
    I upgraded to ios6 yesterday and have installed latest versions of fb app, and i,ve all those steps mentioned in earlier post but sadly have to say my issue is still unresolved.
    iPhone Nanite

I was having the same problem until just now. I did a hard restart (Home + Power held until reboot, no touchee the slider) after deleting my phone number from FB's mobile settings *and* deleting the FB app from my phone. I also connected to a wifi network rather than going OTA. Then I launched the iPhone's settings, went to the FB section, and reentered all my information. It took a couple of seconds, but the verification happened and then I was prompted to download & install the FB app anew.

I don't know what part of all of that did the trick, but it did. I hope that helps someone else.
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: Facebook integration not "verifying"

This worked for me too! Thank you