Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Default A lockable clock app?

Now that the iPhone 5 is on the way, I'm thinking of turning my iPhone 4 into a permanent bedside alarm clock. I'd like to add a bit of security though. Is there an alarm clock app that stays locked, preventing one from exiting the app without a passcode?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts

I am looking for the same thing. I had one on my blackberry and was a great fail-safe since I had to unlock my phone instead of accidentally turning it off in my sleep. I found wake n shake but I saw mixed reviews on it.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

What's wrong with the alarm app that comes on the phone? You don't have to worry about exiting it, because it runs in the background.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    What's wrong with the alarm app that comes on the phone? You don't have to worry about exiting it, because it runs in the background.
    Its too easy to silence the stock alarm. I am looking for an app that requires more user input to stop or snooze the alarm so i am not cancelling it while asleep.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    6,393 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Alli,
    My only issue is that it doesn't display as a clock for bedside use.

Hopefully, the app Alarm Clock will be updated to work in DnD mode.
    This is a great free app but since the iOS update, I'm having to use the native alarm clock of course without the clock displaying.

Good Luck
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 09-22-2012 at 09:52 PM.

Apple TV
    iPhone 5S
    iPad 2 Wi-Fi
    MacBook Air 13" Mid 2012 Mavericks 10.9.4
    Cigar Lover
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

I guess I just don't understand people who don't get up when the alarm goes off.

Why not set 4-5 alarms 2 minutes apart, with increasingly obnoxious alarm sounds?
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iMore Newbie

I think we've strayed from my original question. I'm looking for a lockable clock app so that I get to have a bedside clock while keeping my data safe from a potential snooper.

It's not about snooze buttons or anything like that. It's about me walking away from my old iPhone 4 without giving anyone who walks by access to my email, texts, etc.

I'm guessing that what I'm looking for doesn't exist.
    iPhone Newbie

As far as i kno..no 3rd part app can lock the iphone completly..n nothing runs i bckground..

Ios limitations..sob
    iMore Guru

iOS Version

Have a look at Alarm Clock Pro.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts

When you jailbreak you can set password protection onto apps so people can only open apps with a password. Not exactly what your looking for but we are getting closer. I used to have a jailbreak tweak that showed the weather on my lockscreen. I dont see why you couldnt either have an alarm that works in the background or one that operates via the lockscreen itself.