What are your Top 5 Classic Style Game Apps?

chic_geek

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I am an aspiring iOS app developer and love classic style games that are good for a quick break. What are your favorite Classical style game apps for the iPhone, iPad and/or iPod? Thanks for the help!

All the best,
Chic Geek

meskin84

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
If anyone knows of a Bust-A-Move clone, PLEASE let me know. I had a version on the PS2 called Super Bust-A-Move 2 and it was AWESOME! Real fast play, real competative, it was real fun in groups. Groups of my nerdy roommates, BUT STILL!!

meskin84

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I know that wasn't really helpful. So, here it is, I really like sidescrollers. I think Gravity Guy is really cool and the online multi-player action is great. I am a HUGE fan of classic gaming (because I suck at new games :-/) and will research some iPhone games and let you know.

chic_geek

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I checked out Gravity Guy and this game reminds me of the original Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog (1991 video game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) games by Sega Genesis (Sega Genesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) though there are no coins or bosses to fight and you?re being chased instead. It was fun and I think it is a creative twist on side-scroll games (Side-scrolling video game - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). I would like to see the game become more challenging though, perhaps some on-coming enemies to avoid and a way to fight back? Try not to sneeze while playing, that got me good while on a hot streak.

Thank you for sharing Meskin84!

chic_geek

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I checked out Gravity Guy and this game reminds me of the original Sonic the Hedgehog games by Sega Genesis though there are no coins or bosses to fight and you?re being chased instead. It was fun and I think it is a creative twist on side-scroll games. I would like to see the game become more challenging though, perhaps some on-coming enemies to avoid and a way to fight back? Try not to sneeze while playing, that got me good while on a hot streak.

Reactions: meskin84

meskin84

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I checked out Gravity Guy and this game reminds me of the original Sonic the Hedgehog games by Sega Genesis though there are no coins or bosses to fight and you?re being chased instead. It was fun and I think it is a creative twist on side-scroll games. I would like to see the game become more challenging though, perhaps some on-coming enemies to avoid and a way to fight back? Try not to sneeze while playing, that got me good while on a hot streak.

Agreed, I think for me, classic side scrollers are the way to go. While I like NOVA and 1st Person shooters, they are a little difficult (for me, an old fogie by gaming standards) to navigate. I also think RPG like Chaos Rings are interesting on the iOS platform. Fun and challenging, but easy enought to control.

I would LOVE to see more classic style games like Donkey Kong, Burger Time, the Popeye Arcade, original Mario Bros Arcade, um....JOUST! I really dig the idea of a Sonic Style game. LOVED Sonic!!

Daniel.Jones

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Check my list

Hey chick
If your are a game developer then check metal slug and max payne mission games. These will help you get some idea.

chic_geek

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I have played both back in the day and enjoy them as well. Now if only these were made to work for the iPad. As a developer Mr. Jones, this would be a product I would pay for, though rights to development might be a challenge. Metal Slug and Max Payne, as apposed to Gravity Guy and Burger time, have more going on in terms of player actions and moves. I tend to enjoy games that have greater variety in actions, a good example would be an old game I used to play in school, Treasure Mountain! and Treasure MathStorm! by the Learning Company. Educational games have always struck me as fun. I suggest checking it out. I would like to know what you both think!

Thanks

Daniel.Jones

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I have played Treasure Mountain! and Treasure MathStorm both games and found them pretty addicting. Both the games are having pretty good game play. I am suggesting your few more games like this, check adventure island and ninja turtles, I think they will provide you good classy background and game play. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro