Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    176 Global Posts

Default WhatsApp

Do you think we'll get WhatsApp on the iPad anytime in the near future? Why or why not? All my friends use it and I use it on my iPhone.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    33,325 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 5.1.1

Can't you use the iphone version on your ipad? I'm not a big fan of the program, tried it on my BB and did not like it, BUT I can see the appeal of it.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

Whatsapp is a nice application for communicating with friends in real time using your smart phone devices. I have been using it on my iPhone 4S and I am pretty satisfied with it.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 :)

Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    Can't you use the iphone version on your ipad? I'm not a big fan of the program, tried it on my BB and did not like it, BUT I can see the appeal of it.
    I did not like it so much on my BB either....but do enjoy it on iPhone!
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    870 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS6

Quote Originally Posted by General Tso View Post
    Do you think we'll get WhatsApp on the iPad anytime in the near future? Why or why not? All my friends use it and I use it on my iPhone.
    Part of the problem is that WA works with a Cell#. That is a problem with the iPad. I am not sure if the 3G version of an iPad would work though. I know WA works over WiFi but you need a Cell # to set it up. KakaoTalk is the same way.

What use to be called PingChat, I think it is just Chat now, can be used just over WiFi. It uses a Pin# so that iTouches and iPad can use it.
    JB iPhone 3G => 16G iPhone 4 iOS5, 16G iPad1 iOS5 => iP5 32Gig White, iPad4 32Gig Black

Also up and running on Twitter @AUDad

Also on Google+ if you are on there.
    iPhone Nanite

Unhappy Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    You cannot install it on the iPad. Searching for the app in the App Store on the iPad doesn't get you any results.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Default Re: Nope.

WhatsApp messenger application does not work on the iPad. One and only way to get it to work is to (1) jail break the iPad and (2) install the tweak "WhatsPad." Then after, you will have to do a bunch of configuration to your setup to get it to work on the jail broke iPad.
    iPhone Newbie

WhatsApp is a nice app, but it does not work in ipad. For ipad there is a app called whatspad.
    iPhone Nanite

well``it's a good app`
    But the only reason I downloaded it is all my friends are using it````

Global Posts
    3,367 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default WhatsApp

Quote Originally Posted by iphonerepairs View Post
    WhatsApp is a nice app, but it does not work in ipad. For ipad there is a app called whatspad.
    May want to mention its only available if jailbroken.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

Default Re: WhatsApp

I am very enjoying with Magic iPhone 4 info, it has really great features, functions and it is also to advance, I am fan of it, by the way excellent post.