Help! Need recommendation on Music Player app with special needs!
I am in search of a music player with the following features:
1. Must operate independently of the native/stock music app and do not interfere or interact with my song library managed by the native/stock music app.
2. Must allow upload of songs by FTP, but just by HTTP browser based.
3. Must support organization of songs by FOLDERS.
4. Must support MULTIPLE (not single) playlist. Must allow creation of new playlist ACROSS different folders of songs.
5. Must support major file audio formats, such as MP3, MP4, etc.
Some of the ones that I have tried that do not fit the bill are EZMP3 Player Pro, Audium, MP Player, BUZZ Player, Music Player All-in-1, CarTunes Music Player, DeliTape, Free Music Downlaoder Pro, iMusic, Capriccio (this one is close), and OnCue,
Anyone can help?
- 07-01-2012, 01:42 PM #2
Are you certain?
There were many music apps that I had looked at. Each of them had some but all of the feature set I was looking for. Thus, I think there is a possibility that I am just missing an app somewhere in the App Store with all of these features.
- 07-05-2012, 06:37 AM #5
- 08-05-2013, 11:06 PM #6iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Re: Help! Need recommendation on Music Player app with special needs!
This thread is pretty old and perhaps you've found what you were looking for, but if not, I have the same issues. There's a music player out there called BonGiovi [bongiovi Acoustics] that will allow you to play playlists independent on what you've been playing on the built-in music player. I found as you did, that Capriccio is close- in fact it'll work in the sense that I just take a playlist from the built-in music player on my phone, select all those tunes and I can add them. Or you could add individual tunes. Both of these apps have a "free version". I usually have 4 different playlists that I switch around in, and I wish there was a single app that REMEMBERED where I was in a given playlist and could go back to that spot when I went back to that playlist or after I restarted my phone. My "work-around is to use 4 different apps, including Capriccio, Bongiovi and another one with the [very unique!] name of mp3 music downloader . There's about 5 apps with this name, get the one from WebTechies. Finally, I still use for one playlist that changes frequently, the basic music player that comes with the iPhone.