Sudden problems with iPhone app downloads

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
So for the past 24 hours or so, I've not been able to download apps, either new or updates, onto my iPhone. My iPad works as well as my other computers in the house, but not the iPhone. The App Store isn't asking for my password, and new apps or updates just start and then suddenly stop at the "waiting" part. I've done pretty much anything and everything short of a restore but I still can't get downloads to work.

Anyone else seen this or know how to fix?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
have you tried logging out and then back into your account via the device? or syncing a new app thru iTunes onto the device?

if you REALLY have tried everything then restoring might be your only option

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried plugging it in to the computer and letting itunes see if it needs any updates? Maybe something got corrupted. Worstcase, do the wipe, you should be able to get everything back from the cloud, or from an itunes backup. I take it you HAVE rebooted the device correct? That is holding power and home at the same time till it restarts?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I had to do the restore and set up as a new phone. ****, I hate doing that. I tried everything. Every conceivable action on my part to get it to work and it failed. I've never seen anything like that.

So I started thinking about new apps. The only new app I had installed and used was Launch Center Pro. That's it. But I don't see how that would affect anything.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I had to do the restore and set up as a new phone. ****, I hate doing that. I tried everything. Every conceivable action on my part to get it to work and it failed. I've never seen anything like that.

So I started thinking about new apps. The only new app I had installed and used was Launch Center Pro. That's it. But I don't see how that would affect anything.

I hear ya, but oftentimes, restoring as new is the best remedy. ;)

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

sjcalimel2000

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Since I downloaded the new Podcast app from Apple, I had the same issue. I resolved the issue by going to iTunes app then to download and delete all downloads from there.

sjcalimel2000

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
On the iTunes app. Try deleting some of the songs or podcasts waiting to be downloaded. Sometimes there is a download error within it which I deleted and that helped me resolve that issue. Also, I'm using iTunes match. Could be the culprit of it. Hope that helps for you too.

sjcalimel2000

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I am talking about iTunes app on the iPhone by the way. It happened to me again just now when I tried to update some of the apps and it kept on waiting. I repeated the same thing I said and it resolve the issue.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Started doing it with my iPad just now. Deleted those things and it works. I wonder if Apple is aware of this problem?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73