Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Default PM Apps

Does anyone have experience with the plethora of Project Management apps?

In particular, does anyone have experience with SG Project and iScope? Limitations? Usability? Import/Export options (PDF, MS Project, XML), etc

I'm moving into a new role later this month and it may be beneficial to me to use one of these.

Thank you in advance.
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version
    iPhone 4s

Projector
    SG Project
    Trackerbot
    Project Planner HD

These are 4 best iPad Project Management App i hope this will help....
    Kazoolee
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

I was asking for people's experiences and preferences. I can easily find the "Top Project Management Apps" via search. I want to hear about real world experience and preference. Much like the Note Taking App thread.

Thanks
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Some quick hit updates:

iScope
    Very neat app that is visually attractive and does have some project management merit. However this is not for the enterprise user. This is best usited for a small to medium size company that does not have a project management standard in place. Has Dropbox integration. I may use this for personal or home projects as it is a very organic approach to project management. It is just limited in scaling it to larger, more task centric projects.

Planning Pro
    Just got this a week ago. If you use MS Project (I know it is a pain) this is a great app. You can view, edit, and even create Project type task lists and Gnatt charts within the app. It allows for Dropbox syncing and, if your work allows, dedicated project server syncing. I'm still playing around with this and hope to have a better review in a few months.

ETA: Moderators, please feel free to change "PM" to "Project Management" in the thread title to add clarity. Thank you
    Last edited by Manutd7; 08-08-2012 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Moderator Request
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

Hey manutd7
    I have been using Omniplan application on my iPad 2 for managing my projects while on the move. It lets me easily visualize, maintain and simplify my projects as per my requirement.
    I am Daniel Jones, working in an iPhone Application Development Company as iPhone Apps Developer. I enjoy exploring apps on iOS, blackberry, android and other mobile platforms.
    Thanked by:
    manutd7 (08-09-2012)
    iPhone Nanite

SG Project not a bad solution if you need something lightweight.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel.Jones View Post
    Hey manutd7
    I have been using Omniplan application on my iPad 2 for managing my projects while on the move. It lets me easily visualize, maintain and simplify my projects as per my requirement.
    Quote Originally Posted by HaraldLundqvist View Post
    SG Project not a bad solution if you need something lightweight.
    Thank you both for your input. I'm sure both of these would be very good apps. I just hesitant to spend $50 on an app. $20 is about my limit
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: PM Apps

You can try iScope, it's free to try and $10 to keep it.