Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Cool best app for musician's lyrics

Hi I am a singer/guitarist and bought an iPad 2 specifically for storing and displaying song lyrics when I am playing live or when recording. An Apple Genius suggested that Evernote would be the best app.
    Can anyone suggest any other apps (better or more appropriate) that would allow me to type in or transfer/import song lyrics from some other source???? I am old school and not really great with computers but I have an Apple MacBook Pro. I would like to be able to set up "sets" of songs, list them A to Z or by artist, key or ??? on my iPad.
    Thanks Patrick
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,949 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

I would like to know about sheet music as well

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,023 Global Posts
    iOS Version

For chord charts I use iRealb—awesome, transposable charts and an active user forum always making new charts. No melodies or lyrics though. Great for me though (jazz rhythm section). It also comes with a built in backing track practice tool. Other songs are offered but jazz is the focus.

There is another Real Book type app that you can use with full charts, but you need to load them as PDFs.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,949 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

I always see iPads uses while playing piano and wondered what app they use and how the screen stays on without dimming I assume the dimming is the setting or the app keeps it on

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    iMore Newbie

iOS Version

Default Re: best app for musician's lyrics

Guitar Tapp is a great new app i have found, both for lyrics and for chords/tab. you can even download songs to a favorites folder or something like that to view offline. very handy at rehearsals.