best app for musician's lyrics

patrickanthony

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi I am a singer/guitarist and bought an iPad 2 specifically for storing and displaying song lyrics when I am playing live or when recording. An Apple Genius suggested that Evernote would be the best app.
Can anyone suggest any other apps (better or more appropriate) that would allow me to type in or transfer/import song lyrics from some other source???? I am old school and not really great with computers but I have an Apple MacBook Pro. I would like to be able to set up "sets" of songs, list them A to Z or by artist, key or ??? on my iPad.
Thanks Patrick

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
For chord charts I use iRealb?awesome, transposable charts and an active user forum always making new charts. No melodies or lyrics though. Great for me though (jazz rhythm section). It also comes with a built in backing track practice tool. Other songs are offered but jazz is the focus.

There is another Real Book type app that you can use with full charts, but you need to load them as PDFs.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I always see iPads uses while playing piano and wondered what app they use and how the screen stays on without dimming I assume the dimming is the setting or the app keeps it on

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Rjgjr#IM

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Guitar Tapp is a great new app i have found, both for lyrics and for chords/tab. you can even download songs to a favorites folder or something like that to view offline. very handy at rehearsals.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2