Deleting an app takes forever.

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
So, I have an iPhone 4, AT&T, 16 GB. It's only a few months old, as Apple had to replace my other one with this one. Anyway, I have noticed this odd issue since 5.1.1. The first time I go to delete an app, everything goes normally until I actually press the "X" next to the wiggling icon. Then, no matter what app I've selected, I will have to wait up to 20 or 25 seconds for the pop-up asking me if I really want to delete. I've never noticed this before.

For what it's worth, the phone isn't jailbroken and never has been. Also, it has about .89 GB of "Other" space listed in iTunes and about 2 GB of free space. And, after that initial gigantic pause, subsequent deleting apps will be normal (i.e. the pop-up box is almost instantaneous).

Anyone else noticed this? A reset didn't help.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
This just happen to me on my wife's iPhone 4 but I thought it was just laggin because of alott of apps were open

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
A hard reset should solve this. Press the home and lock buttons (ignore the slider) until you see the Apple logo.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm still on 5.0.1, 4S, and have never experienced this lag of deleting an app, and my other is 1.86gb. Might be worth a shot to do a back up and then a restore to see if that may help.

carlos31820

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone 4s does the same thing. It drives me crazy. I've noticed that I can remove apps by going to Settings, General, Usage and there's no lag there.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox