Best turn by turn navigation apps for iPhone?

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Thank you guys. Seems like a lot of you prefer Navigon. I haven't checked out the free MapQuest app either so I'll check that! Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
One annoying thing about Navigon is that you need to redownload maps and restore extras anytime you restore your device. But it works well for me.

BarryMac

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Best Navigation app MotionX GPS Drive

Check out MotionX GPS Drive. Works great. You can try it for free for a month. After 30 days it will still work but you lose the turn by turn voice guidance. A 1 year voice package is often on sale for $9.99. I actually prefer downloading maps because you constantly have the newest maps at no extra cost. If you are concerned about data cost downloading maps you can pre-load maps for your trip using WiFi.

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I use Waze, which seems to be the most accurate as far as updated maps. I also have used Mapquest, which is pretty decent too.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Just used Navigon on my iPad on my annual visit to the departed relatives tour... worked like a charm. Every bit as good as good an experience as using my Garmin Nuvi765T.

gc916

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Check out MotionX GPS Drive. Works great. You can try it for free for a month. After 30 days it will still work but you lose the turn by turn voice guidance. A 1 year voice package is often on sale for $9.99. I actually prefer downloading maps because you constantly have the newest maps at no extra cost. If you are concerned about data cost downloading maps you can pre-load maps for your trip using WiFi.
+1. I've been using MotioX since October and it has never failed me. Reasonable price, user-friendly interface, up-to-date maps. Highly recommended.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Thank you guys. Seems like a lot of you prefer Navigon. I haven't checked out the free MapQuest app either so I'll check that! Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use Navigon as well. Since you're jailbroken make sure you get AsstantLove. It will integrate Navigon with Siri and add voice control. Works awesome.

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Best I've used is TeleNav (I had SprintNav on my Pre and thsi is the same thing). Very accurate, loads quickly, and has things like speed limits and traffic reports. MapQuest was OK, if a bit spartan, but free. Definitely more error-prone though.

Worst, by far, was Waze. It was so far off in accuracy, you're better off with no map than with Waze. Really, really awful, but free.

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Giving MotionX a test drive. I use GPS sporadically, so until I am ready to take a big trip, I won't pay for the voice guidance. It seems to be very accurate and looks nice. Interface is pretty decent. Good price. And to be honest, $10 a year is chump change. That's less than a buck a month. The app itself is only 99 cents if you don't want the voice guidance, so it's a decent deal regardless. We shall see how they keep up the maps...

Ricktye

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
As the others have mentioned, there are a multitude of GPS mapping apps out there and some that need a constant data source and some that don't.

I use the Garmin N America app that costs $59 but doesn't need data, so I save the cost on roaming charges when I am away or at home. It is very similar to the Garmin stand alone units interface so it's easy for anyone familiar with one of those units to use. My only real complaint with it, and it's a fairly big one, is the lack of updates for new roads, sub divisions etc.

R...

What are your favorite ones? Which ones are best and why?