Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BarryMac View Post
    Check out MotionX GPS Drive. Works great. You can try it for free for a month. After 30 days it will still work but you lose the turn by turn voice guidance. A 1 year voice package is often on sale for $9.99. I actually prefer downloading maps because you constantly have the newest maps at no extra cost. If you are concerned about data cost downloading maps you can pre-load maps for your trip using WiFi.
    +1. I've been using MotioX since October and it has never failed me. Reasonable price, user-friendly interface, up-to-date maps. Highly recommended.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts

I've been using MotioX, and it works great. But the 9.99 a year fee might make me try another.
    I'll give Waze a try.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,743 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iMuggle View Post
    Thank you guys. Seems like a lot of you prefer Navigon. I haven't checked out the free MapQuest app either so I'll check that! Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I use Navigon as well. Since you're jailbroken make sure you get AsstantLove. It will integrate Navigon with Siri and add voice control. Works awesome.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    600 Global Posts

Best I've used is TeleNav (I had SprintNav on my Pre and thsi is the same thing). Very accurate, loads quickly, and has things like speed limits and traffic reports. MapQuest was OK, if a bit spartan, but free. Definitely more error-prone though.

Worst, by far, was Waze. It was so far off in accuracy, you're better off with no map than with Waze. Really, really awful, but free.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts

Giving MotionX a test drive. I use GPS sporadically, so until I am ready to take a big trip, I won't pay for the voice guidance. It seems to be very accurate and looks nice. Interface is pretty decent. Good price. And to be honest, $10 a year is chump change. That's less than a buck a month. The app itself is only 99 cents if you don't want the voice guidance, so it's a decent deal regardless. We shall see how they keep up the maps...
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    640 Global Posts

As the others have mentioned, there are a multitude of GPS mapping apps out there and some that need a constant data source and some that don't.

I use the Garmin N America app that costs $59 but doesn't need data, so I save the cost on roaming charges when I am away or at home. It is very similar to the Garmin stand alone units interface so it's easy for anyone familiar with one of those units to use. My only real complaint with it, and it's a fairly big one, is the lack of updates for new roads, sub divisions etc.

R...

Quote Originally Posted by iMuggle View Post
    What are your favorite ones? Which ones are best and why?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12