Facebook timeline question

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have googled and googled

My 4s facebook app newsfeed looks diff than my wife's iPhone 4

Mine just is flat and scrolls down text etc

Hers news feed looks like timeline posts are in floating boxes pics are bigger etc

Both our fb have timeline enabled

Both fb apps are newest

Here is the kicker if I log into her account on my phone it looks the same as it does on her phone
So I now know its not the fb app or any setting on the phone

I looked on fb on both our accounts and can not find a difference

Help!!! It's bugging me I want the cool looking one lol

Beamed from my iPad 2 routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers and brought to you using Tapatalk !

BParker4381

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Could it be something with her account. Maybe her account has some sort of testing or beta linked to it and it is causing her timeline to look different. Mine was doing this when my wife had the new timeline and I had the old one. Then my Facebook account updated and they look the same.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
When I log into both of our via the web they look they same both have time line I can not see any difference in settings etc.

The only diff I know of is a while back I enabled timeline while she waited until Facebook forced the change on her.

But there is no setting to re enable timeline or disable it so I'm not sure how to get mine to look the same kind of bugs me lol

Beamed from my iPad 2 routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers and brought to you using Tapatalk !

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Long shot. Have you tried de-activating your Facebook account and re-installing the Facebook app on your phone??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I did try reinstalling the app but did not work as it is some how tied to the actual fb I'll try deactivating and re activating thou

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok I tried deactivating my account and deactivated it ... Did not work nothing changed

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Just rechecked mine. Now looks different. Must be updating slowly. Seems to be a bit snappier for now

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4 5.1.1 using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok well I just opened mine and it changed wtf lol I guess it was a Facebook thing rolling slowly

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
My Facebook app has been forced into the timeline mode, it seems like it's some sort of slow, across the board update.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Y'all aren't googling enough...it's on facebook's side of things. You're not on timeline, it's just the way the mobile apps display now. It has been slowly rolling out to users.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Y'all aren't googling enough...it's on facebook's side of things. You're not on timeline, it's just the way the mobile apps display now. It has been slowly rolling out to users.

I figured that out on my own but thanks